HOW BIG OF A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 5% AND LIMO TINT?

Moreno93

So i finally got a tint ticket. Was just going to have it signed off but i noticed my right passenger windshield has a small bubble so i decided i'd have it all removed and have new tint put back on. But i was wondering how much of a difference in visibility there is between limo and 5%

Also was going to have a Visor strip put on and also a new Front windshield. (stupid rock) And i'll also be changing out the back lightbulbs for some bright LED's.

Was wondering if anyone has gone from 5% to limo.. Also how to keep the back even with the rest of the Truck.. back has Factory tint so should i just leave 5% on there and do limo up front?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the only darker is 3% compared to what you have. It's only a 2% difference and you won't notice it much. It lets 3% of light through, as opposed to the 5% tint which lets 5% of light through.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've had 5% and 2.5% before , the 5% I could hardly see out the window driving and the 2.5 was just silly.

Outside the 5% is dark enough.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I cant see into my back windows at all in broad daylight... It's Factory tint + Whatever i have on currently. The front two windows i can see into a little bit if the front is facing the sun. Then it lets me see in a little bit.

My truck is 5% on the sides and my Factory back glass is the deep tinted glass that is factory. I had it replaced a few years ago and never retinted the back(which I previously had 5% over the already tinted glass). When I had all Windows tinted at 5% it was dark as hell. I also couldn't see shit at night and could easily have hit something from dumpsters, to children backing up, hence why I have NOT retinted my replacement back window since.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

My truck is 5% on the sides and my Factory back glass is the deep tinted glass that is factory. I had it replaced a few years ago and never retinted the back(which I previously had 5% over the already tinted glass). When I had all Windows tinted at 5% it was dark as hell. I also couldn't see shit at night and could easily have hit something from dumpsters, to children backing up, hence why I have NOT retinted my replacement back window since.

^ Pretty much what you said. At night for the most part i drive with my windows down because of it. I'd like to go a tad lighter on the back windshield. Backing up with a trailer was a fucking bitch.

It depends what time of day it is, where the light is shining on your truck, or how big of a flashlight someone may have. Do 3% if you can get it done. My girls truck has 5% all around and at night you can't see into the truck at all, and during the day, you have to have your face up against the window to see anything. Otherwise you just hardly see silhouettes.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Archived