Second Skin Audio

port/ airspace problems

Hey everyone. Im new to the forum so forgive me for the "newbieness" have always read topics on the forum but decided to finally join! I mean im here all the time so why not.

But to get to what I need help with! Have been working on a new build for my truck (2004 silverado ext cab) plans are for 2 dc audio xl 10s under the seat with a dc audio 5k for power. Alternator batterys and all those goodies to come as well. I use bass box pro for designing my boxes. Have played around alot on the program and am familiar with it. Nothing too extensive tho as far as knowledge goes with it. I have tried and tried every way (that I know of) to to get 1 cubic ft of air space (recomended air from the dc website and personally from rob and rusty from dc) but my problem is that in order to have a box be 1 cubic ft and tune it in the low 30s the port is around 50 inches long. Thats just about an average length ive come up with. Tried slot ports pvc/aero ports. Not sure what to do to get 1 cubic ft air space and tune from 31-35 without an insanely long port??

Iike I said im pretty new and its my first post so any help or ideas is appreciated. Hpefuly im just having a brain fart and its a totally easy thing im overlooking haha.

What are your max dimensions?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Does that have the hump in the center of the floor too?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Yeah there is a tranny hump. That measurment I gave ya was from the edge of the tranny hump to the door For the width. Heigth is anything up to the roof for now til the seat goes back in. And length was from back wall amost to the driver seat.

so you want to build a box that has to come out when you put your seat back in? or your trying to build a box thatll be stationary and ur seat can go on top of it?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Yeah, that confused me too, lol. so the actual measurements we need to go under the seats would be from door to door under the seats, floor to bottom of seats, and back wall to the front of the back seat

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

And when he says 1 cubic foot of airspace he means net box volume, not port area, not saying this is your problem, just want to clarify

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I would like to build one that will come out when the seat goes back in. When the seat goes in I have enough room to make a box on either side of the tranny hump. Im just trying to figure out how to make a box both now and later. Caise if it isnt possible to make a 1 cubic ft box tuned like that ill go back to the drawing board. I dont mimd having a temp box until I put the seat in and can measure what those dimensions are.

Archived