Sundown Audio

Sundown Audio E8 Subsonic rear loaded horn!!!!!!!!

Pics of inside of enclosure or a sketch up plz!

Edit, waiting for JOEX to show up so we can all relax

Edited by Swordlordboy1234

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

e8subwooferboxwtf_zps112c261b.png

That's how I feel about my calc 2 class

welcome to engineering lol

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Hello guys,

This enclosure is an simple rear loaded horn, that uses transmission line theory to achieve it's lowest possible f0 point, then the f3 point.The "ports" you guys think you see at the back are just handles, built around the angles of the loading wall.They are not even, but provide a good grip area as this little enclosure is heavyyyy.

The angle at front you're seeing is more like 37degrees.The box has 4 folds on the inside, and each has their own expansion rates which eventually add up to the final horn.The only thing different here, is that we have a compression chamber that loads the horn, and provides good rolloff without sounding like a rock falling to the ground lol.The length of the line was calculated to provide 1/4 wave (degree) phase shift, allowing the front and rear wave of the speaker to be in harmony, and not cancel out each other upon exit, making the single woofer sound like two woofers.The horn then works as an expanded wave guide to bring the efficiency up to 50% as measured and predicted by "hornresp". This is a combined efficiency rating.

I once built one of these for a vehicle using one pair of TC T1000 8".On around 1800wrms, at a burp they did 148.9db at 42hz, which is kind of low as compared to what you guys do up here.Please note this was done on IASCA legal windscreen, fully sealed up in a trunk.

Here's the buyer's reveiw of the sub, and before he had an alpine type r 10" woofer.

My review on this build, this sub is rated at 200wrms and is being played of an alpine pdx 600.1 I have to say that for a rating of 200wrms it handles the power thrown (probably around 350-400rms) at it well. Bass notes are consistently emphasized with good low end extension, though you have to be careful as the sub will reach its mechanical limit and distort, transition from different bass notes are smooth.

When I sat down and listened to this combo for the past few days, it was clear that I started to hear some frequencies that was lacking when I had my previous sub combo (no setting was adjusted, LPF 50hz, SSF 15hz, gain was set with an SMD DD1 using the 50hz 0db track), in numerous EDM tracks, the low end response was clear and very audible. Some tracks like Put on, love in the club, suit & tie had me smiling because of the great sounding bass.

All in all I'd have to say that I am satisfied with the performance of this combo thus far. The only drawback to this design is the size of the box, though not high, it takes up alot of space along the trunk flooring, but say what it provides me with good entertainment when on my daily commute.

Here's a link to my build forum, it's the first and only one of it's kind locally here in Trinidad-

http://www.mktrinievents.com/forum/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=116

Please feel free to join and post your comments there, I will be posting my builds here also for your entertainment !!!!!!!!

Thanks for your complements !!!!!

Very Nice Enclosure build Sir ... Are you by any chance a MECA Judge ??

EDIT: Nevermind ... I'm thinking about SQ Audio on your Forum.

Guess I should do more research before asking stupid questions ... LOL

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

HANDLES!

.... OF COURSE THEY WERE HANDLES WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low