Sonic Electronix

Hi all,

I recently had a sub cook itself, I got the sub replaced but the company wouldn't tell me if it was my fault or manufacturer fault (guessing manufacturer as I managed to get it replaced). I just want to ensure I have wired it correctly in case it was my fault. I have a Soundstream Tarantula TX1.1300D amp and now have a Soundstream SPLX-122HX.

Sub specs http://soundstream-aus.net//soundstream_splx_subwoofers.html

Amp specs http://soundstream-aus.net//tarantula_amplifiers.html

If I understand it correctly, to power the sub at 2 ohms, both positive terminals on the amp should connect together and power both coils on the sub, and same with the negative.

Can someone please confirm this or correct me as I don't want another sub dying on me.

Thanks in advance :)

If I'm reading this correct you have a duel 2 sub that means you can only run it at 1 ohm and 4 ohm. So if you want it at 1ohm you wire both the positive's together on the woofer together then run that out to the amp. Then do the same with the negatives. By doing this your amp will see a 1ohm load and put out around 1krms you just need to be sure your gain is set correctly and bass boost is off.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I do it by ear till I can get my friend with a dd-1 to set it. Just play a tone about 40hz is what I use and slowly turn up the gain till you here a difference in it. Once you here that turn it down some and you should be fine. also if you want a diagram on how to wire the sub to the amp rockford fosgate has some nice ones on there web sight

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived