Thanks for the demo yesterday man! I really like how clean your install is and the lows sounded great!

Thanks man I appreciate it. Thanks for hosting the show. Ill be at the show this coming up weekend at Piedmont and I should have the alt in at that show. Maybe that will make a difference in numbers, idk.
You are welcome! We are planning next year's show already!

I wish I could make it to that show but I'm riding to a classic car show with my uncle this weekend.

I'm sure it will you will have more power on tap and better voltage means the amp will have an easier time making power. Best of luck competing this weekend!

Thanks man thats what im hoping. Im sure Ill catch you at another show, Ill be at the TDH Lockhart show this year.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is some good news and some bad news. Lets do the good first. The alt came in today!!! It looks so good and there were a ton of goodies Mike threw into the box which was awesome of him.

IMG_2810_zpsfzrbexnf.jpg

IMG_2811_zpsnxyoe5mr.jpg

IMG_2812_zpsu3azntxh.jpg

My little work station.

IMG_2814_zpshqsbbhsh.jpg

Now for the bad. When I was taking the old alt off I noticed three bolts were loose. Not sure what they go to but I got them tightened back up. Now comes the really bad news. I got the alt in and everything put back together, started it up and noticed the battery was reading 12.6v. Not good, I rechecked all the plugs and wiring but still the alt wasnt charging. I took it out and ran to Autozone and O'Reilly's (two for safe measure) and they both told me the voltage regulator was bad on it. I emailed Mike and should hear from him soon. Kinda bummed out that I can't have the alt in the car but from past experience and what I have heard Mike will take care of me so no worries.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Here is a picture of the three bolts I was talking about.

f5bee734-6f77-4750-8337-1f1d2d58fe75_zps

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

just out of curiosity did you try grounding directly to the alt? mine did the same thing until i ran a ground directly from the alt case to the battery, works fine now, and the reason the parts stores will say you have a bad regulator is because they are comparing it to either the oem amperage or what they stock, if its any higher voltage or amperage wise it will say its a bad reg

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

just out of curiosity did you try grounding directly to the alt? mine did the same thing until i ran a ground directly from the alt case to the battery, works fine now, and the reason the parts stores will say you have a bad regulator is because they are comparing it to either the oem amperage or what they stock, if its any higher voltage or amperage wise it will say its a bad reg

No but ill try that out today when I get home from class. Hopefully the rain holds out but if it doesnt ill just throw the canopy back up. Thanks for that info man.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

I wouldnt trust Auto zone for anything regarding a HO after market alt.

Seems odd a alt would get shipped with a bad reg, unless something happened in shipping.

Id go over ALL your connections again man....... You send in back, and it benches good, your gonna be out the wasted time.

I wouldnt trust Auto zone for anything regarding a HO after market alt.

Seems odd a alt would get shipped with a bad reg, unless something happened in shipping.

Id go over ALL your connections again man....... You send in back, and it benches good, your gonna be out the wasted time.

Yeah I know, I did more testing today. Do you see anything im missing?

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Did an extra run from the alt casing to the battery negative. Same results.

804C3FC6-6A24-4BE7-AECB-36567995DB52_zps

D51F155D-62FE-4E80-BC68-6AA4B5951635_zps

669B3B1E-CE61-463F-90BF-21C48FD1D76F_zps

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL: