XS Power

Suggestions for a 3.5k Watt system?

I'm worried about that voltage. No way you should be dropping that low with a 270a alt. Any way you can clamp the alternator to verify it's putting out?

You HAVE done the big 3 right?

I was thinking the same thing. Where do you have your volt meter reading at? The amps?

I'm reading this from my VM-1.

Any friends that would have one?

Where do you live? Maybe a member here has one they'd be willing to lend out

I'm worried about that voltage. No way you should be dropping that low with a 270a alt. Any way you can clamp the alternator to verify it's putting out?

I was thinking the same thing. Where do you have your volt meter reading at? The amps?

Could you post a video of your voltage drop? Does it go that low and stay low or dip for a split second then come up to 13v+?

Could you post a video of your voltage drop? Does it go that low and stay low or dip for a split second then come up to 13v+?

What does your drop look like if you play a song with a fairly constant bass line?

Where is the meter reading from?

A multi meter is like $5...

One that can read 300a of current is more.

What does your drop look like if you play a song with a fairly constant bass line?

Where is the meter reading from?

It's probably reading from the lead to the head unit. The red wire is on a wire that turns on when car is on, and the wire that measures is on the yellow fused wire. The voltage is constant 11.5-11.8 on constant bass.

Where did you wire it in to?

Wire it to the inputs on the amp and see what your drop is