Sonic Electronix

This would be a versus thread and they are not allowed here. Good luck with your build tho

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Go with Orion I have used them since the beginning of there Company. Never been a fan of Alpine at all.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

ok so i want to get a couple 15s but my budget is a little limited but i want to get something of decent quality. i was wondering if the alpine type r 15 is better than the orion xtr(not the pro)15 they are both fairly cheap and have heard good things about both. i just want to know which is better. hopefully some one out there has owned both and can give me an acurate answer.

oh and i dont want you guys to start fighting cuz i know everyone has there preference, i understand that you want to defend what you think is better but i want an unbiased opinion.

Neither are audiophile subs, having said that your setup can make or break sound quality, is not all about the subs.

You cant really say one is better than the other. There are so many determining factors when it comes to subs that that is almost an impossible question to ask. You should be looking for which one will be best with your set up. So what amp will you be running? What kind of box space can you get, what car is it going in, are you looking for low tuning or high tuning?

With the Type R 15 you're looking at nearly double the RMS per sub as you have with the XTR. Price could also be an issue if you're going for budget since the Alpines are usually ~$80 more.

ok so i want to get a couple 15s but my budget is a little limited but i want to get something of decent quality. i was wondering if the alpine type r 15 is better than the orion xtr(not the pro)15 they are both fairly cheap and have heard good things about both. i just want to know which is better. hopefully some one out there has owned both and can give me an acurate answer.

oh and i dont want you guys to start fighting cuz i know everyone has there preference, i understand that you want to defend what you think is better but i want an unbiased opinion.

Neither are audiophile subs, having said that your setup can make or break sound quality, is not all about the subs.

i understand neither are going to be out there doing hair tricks or anything like that. i just want something affordable but better than the cheap kickers i got now haha.

what do you mean "your setup" like amp box and whatnot?

You cant really say one is better than the other. There are so many determining factors when it comes to subs that that is almost an impossible question to ask. You should be looking for which one will be best with your set up. So what amp will you be running? What kind of box space can you get, what car is it going in, are you looking for low tuning or high tuning?

With the Type R 15 you're looking at nearly double the RMS per sub as you have with the XTR. Price could also be an issue if you're going for budget since the Alpines are usually ~$80 more.

well when it comes to amp and box, all that jazz. im going to get the best for the subs i decide to get im starting fresh(ish) the only think im keeping in my car is my 4 channel amp, door speakers and tweeters. because they work pretty well as is. im sporting a small SUV, the ford escape. so i dont have A LOT of space but more than your average car thats for sure.

Archived