Looking for mids and highs

BigManAC

Right now I am running a set of RF P1 6.5'' and a set of RF P1 5.25'' for my mids/highs in my doors. In the near future I am looking to putting something a bit better and using an amp to power them. For now it would just be one set of mids and one set of highs. Any recommendations? Looking to stay within a $150 budget for each set.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

recommend looking on http://www.onlinecarstereo.com,

for your budget you can get some dam good stuff. not sure on how much power you plan on doing in future, but i'd recomment pioneer d series from that site based on your budget. they can get over overwhelmingly loud without even having an amp at all. and on 75watt each through a amp they can be annoyingly loud on mids and highs.

if not fan of pioneer speakers, use alpine if going to be running 100watts to them.

also for anything mids and highs i find it best to get 2ways or 3ways that have built in crossovers, or use component speakers.

standard speakers i find annoying to tune correctly as the low and mids tend to blend where as speakers with crossovers convert horrid lows to a safe enough pitch to safely play without damaging speakers.

i run a set: Pioneer TS-D1602R Fronts / Pioneer TS-D6902R Rears, no amp!

average prices are over $100 for each set and i paid about $150 for both sets.

the RF Power T1's are also very great, but have to be careful how they are tuned. i find the highs can drown out the mids.

ditch the rear fill and spend the full $300 on a set of comps for the front

To add to this, why not save up for a little while and get some quality stuff. Gear in the price range you stated can be "OK", but a bit more money goes a long way.

i used to think that and after shit tons high quality expensive speakers blowing out i fond price and name no longer applies these days U__U

more or less its shit tons research on anything you buy regardless of price turns out better then over spending.

• 3 weeks later...

im also looking for highs . wanna replace my stock speakers in my front dash. already running alpines & super tweets. measured roughly off the top look like 5" or 6". I want the best. don't mind paying whateva. my highs sound pretty damn good . I wanna top that . any suggestions.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

Archived