Which would you choose? Kenwood vs. Jvc

New here hopefully im posting this in the correct area if not i apologize.

Still new to alot of things car audio wise but im upgrading my cheap single din kenwood hd455u and looking in to getting A double din.

Im not looking for nav or anything fancy that way.

What i do want is nice sound quality, clear and bright looking screen, easy to learn, and a quick unit.

Went and checked out a couple units in person and saw the kenwood ddx470 and really like the sound quality

screen layout and price on amazon i think it was like $280 new.

Almost sold, but i found a basically brand new jvc kw-av70bt for $200 or trade. Ive never owned nor heard jvc so this

makes me weary to pick it up since it isnt currently installed in a car but the reviews are decent and pretty close to that of the kenwood so im in a debate now.

Im currently running my single den kenwood hd455u with 4 mb quart door speakers and 2 tweeters, a jl audio 4 channel amp for speakers

a treo rsx amp for my two treo 12 inch subs and a 1.5 farad capacitor.

like i said kenwood sounded nice but ive heard decent things about jvc just never experienced them.

Id love some input on both units from some experts or those who are a bit more knowledgeable than I, maybe even some other units that are comparable to these that ive posted up.

Thanks in advance guys.

In all honesty: I doubt you'd notice any huge difference in sound between them. Look into the one that has the features you want/need, with a layout that feels comfortable to you.

Basically: get the one that you feel is easier to use. Gotta go in-store and test them.

Because quite honestly, you'll see more of a difference in sound by swapping RCAs or changing components than you would between these two

sorry guys didnt know about the vs thread!

but thank you or the quick replies, biggest difference i see is the kenwood has physical buttons and the jvc does not.

The kenwood has 2 rear usb ports and jvc has one so they really do go hand in hand i guess.

i just like that ive seen the kenwood in store so its a safer buy in my opinion.

and as far as rca's wha do you guys recommend? whats given the best quality for price?

but thank you or the quick replies, biggest difference i see is the kenwood has physical buttons and the jvc does not.

The kenwood has 2 rear usb ports and jvc has one so they really do go hand in hand i guess.

i just like that ive seen the kenwood in store so its a safer buy in my opinion.

and as far as rca's wha do you guys recommend? whats given the best quality for price?

I like the Kny Krystal ones. Some people don't though. They tend to hold on to the RCAs pretty tight

Archived