Sundown Audio

ATTN: MMATS knowledge needed, Team MMATS AMPS?

purplesyrup

OK, thanks for the info, I was a bottle and a half deep in rum and really confused about these, lol

MMATS told him this,

These are not meant for daily unless you have a huge electrical system, (which is what I am doing to it)

They said there is no "Low Voltage" protect, which is why both amps blew up not long ago and he has these new ones now.

They said bad voltage drop kills these fast.

But yea, any other info anyone knows/ finds let me know, I have only found one site where people briefly talk about them, with real tech info on these.

He bought my other 2 NSB 170's that I had left, so 2 6,000 amp batteries, 170 AH each,

Right now he does not have a HO Alt, im contacting mechman about what options he has, the stock alt is 160 amps,

So we will be running 2 Optima 55 AH yellowtops under the hood (brand new he already had them) and those 2 gigantic bats in the back

Think that is enough electrical to hold the voltage up on these until he later on gets a mechman alt? I am thinking those 2 huge batts in combo with the 2 other yellowtops will have no problem holding the voltage past 12.5, opinions please. (I run 2 of these giant batts and ran my nendo bc3500 car off near full tilt for 5 hours at a car show voltage got down to 12.7, they rest at 13.1)

XS-power1.jpg

I replied to your Facebook post. But I will reply here. The 4000.1d's are supposed to be "Team Only" amplifiers. They are the 3000.1d's with no protection circuitry. My buddy has had his down to 11.8V on burps with no issue. You CANNOT set the gains with an o-scope WITHOUT the subs connected. I would suggest wiring the subs up to set the gains then wire them back down for use. DO NOT use higher than 2.0V RCA input signal, it will fry a cap or two. They made it this way because "2.0V has yielded the best sq." This is through personal discussions with the owner of MMATS. Our shop is an authorized MMATS dealer. (Ergo Audio in Edinboro Pennsylvania) They have a smaller footprint than your average 2k but do every bit of rated power. Just make sure to follow those two guidelines I listed above and you will ben alright.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I have a dc 270 xp alt on my impreza with an d3400 up front an xp 3000 and a 2500 in the rear. I have the hd4000.5 on my btl n2s dual 2ohms tune @32hz (daily) and she plays them hard but gain have to be set according to electrical .

Archived