• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the SVO from KOTS in Wisconsin last month. they ran low power as the track wasnt prepped. but last weekend they won their Super Street 10.5 class where the top qualifier ran 6.7x's. So this car moves out!!!

this car is a beast!

IMG_20110305_001527.jpg

epic fail its a chevy motor in a mustang body bad ass though

why is this a fail? Dam some people just are straight up haters
Its all good...after blowing up a built 331, 347 and 351 with the same turbo, I figured why not try something new. After 2 years of beating the shit out of the 408, all I ever did was freshen and clean and put it back together.

Funny thing though....so many die hard ford guys with their turbo car and ford engines would run their mouths all day everyday...but when I walked them at the track or on the street...I never heard a peep. I just built something bulletproof and they werent smart enough to do the same!

How can you compare a 331 347 strokers and a 351 non stroker to a built for boost 408

You may have a fast car, props to you

Edit: I didn't relize it's a Small block ls

Thought it was big block

the 331, 347, & 351 were all built for boost. every motor blew up around 15-20 passes. I spend close to 60k on three motors for paper weights. The LSx 408 motor started as an LQ9 6.0 truck block, ran an Eagle rotating assembly (forged) custom Lunati cam, Trick Flow heads. the car was 9.5:1 compression. I put close to 25k in that motor and made a full season of passes and never had a hiccup. All motors were professionally built by some great machine shops. The turbo setup was identical for each motor...same turbo...same boost...same intercooler.

The 331 @ 16lbs made 865hp

The 347 @ 16lbs made 915hp

The 351 @ 16lbs made 905hp (blew up on dyno)

The LSX 408 @ 16lbs made 1012

We never put the 408 motor to full potential on the dyno, but we ran at 26psi on race day....should roughly shouldve been around 13-1400hp!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I love drag racing an everything that goes with it other than the price tag

Yeah my teal mustang in 5 years I put close to 160k but that was because of wasting 60k on Ford small blocks lol!

My black notchback I started building I had have that wrapped up in the drivetrain alone. I pays to go fast though lol!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Big block vs small block apples and oranges I thought it was a small block...

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived