XS Power

Hows does that 1 alt do for your setup kylar? What does your volt hit full tilt

Ill let you know. Im just about there. :)

But,.. im not worried. I see 1 alt set ups running (with a big bank) gobs more power than i.

Pipo Sancez, Don Richards, list can go on of 1 good alt, big bank, and more than 10k

Sure, if your able, a dual would be best. But,.... its not gonna keep me from doing it.

Hell, when im able to do a dual, Im gonna use it for ANOTHER 10k.

Ok good to hear. Just never ran this type of power before.. Im ordering a dc power 370 alt and 3 d7500's to start with and see where im at id like to see vids of your setup when everything is up and running

You did not go wrong with that alt. Its a fucking power plant in itself. As suggested I would opt for another d7500. Are you from Ohio? Are you going to be at the Ohio State finals by chance?

:ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

You could run 100 12V batteries and they are not going to keep you up in the mid to high 13V range on a system that is pulling more than your alternator can handle. 12V batteries are only going to be able to keep you at 12.9V once a load is placed on them. Anything over 12.9V is alternator power.

So, if you have a 10K watt systems that is pulling around 1,000amps of power you would need around 1,050 amps of alternator power to stay in the 13V range. If you do not have this alternator power and your seeing voltage over 13V on a load with a 10K system, then you are not pulling anywhere close to the rated power.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

This makes sense.

The first 2 days my 10k was up and running, I'd never see below 13. Just wanting away.

Now, after tweaking, (and getting braver on my part) mid way into a song, at full ape shit, I will see battery voltage.

I did panic a lil bit, but, I talked with the big guys (Cody, & Mike Singer, few others) and was informed I'm now making/putting out power.

I can quickly make up, by turning it down, and with in a second, see hot alt charge levels.

This makes A LOT of sense to me.

I did go ahead and order a 4th 7500, which I recieved yesterday, and will get in when my buss bars arrive.

Just for more on the reserve end.

Thanks Nathan.

No problem. Sorry for the delay in response. Been out on trips and busy as hell getting orders ready for those of you building for finals.

You can stay in the mid 12s and be fine. Its when you start to get into the 11s that your butt should start to pucker!

what about me playing in the 10's :peepwall::unknw:

:ninja:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1