Second Skin Audio

8" Sub decision

BigManAC

I will be making some door pods soon and I wanted to put an 8" sub in my front doors (one a piece).The only problem is I'm trying to decide btwn two good subs. The RF P2D2-8 and the SoundQubed SCD2.08. This is not a VS thread so don't go saying one is way better or trash. I'm just looking for input from people who have tried either sub and what they think of them. If you know of any other sub that would do great let me know. I will be running the subs off of a MB Quart O800.4.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

A few years ago I had two P2D2-8's in a single chamber vented enclosure at around 32hz. They sounded amazing on my current Alpine MRP-M500. Truly amazing for two 8's. About a year later I had the surround start detaching from the basket on one of them. (The other is now a nice home theater sub in a Sonotube enclosure!)

I do not post this trying to steer you away from RF, however, and mine were the previous generation so certainly not a direct comparison to the new model. While they were operational I was extremely pleased with them.

I had two of the P3-15's newer model and they were nice, I just didn't know which would be best for door subs in a limited space fiberglass box

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire