Sonic Electronix

I have had my 2 15 inch cars for about 2 months, in a sealed box. The box however started cracking so I plan to build my first box, one that will be ported, and my goal is to make it 1 inch thick, and have a port tuned at 32hz. THe max width of my altimas trunk is 38inches and 18 iches in height. I cannot put both subs, side by side and have the port there as well, so my main question is, can i place one sub on top of the box, and the other on the side? Will it sound the same? or is there any way it could damage the subs? I figured if one sub sits on top and the other on the side, the box could be thicker, and the port could be wider, but i am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I know this is going to be asked so what is the max length. 38 wide by 18 high by what length. Also what type of subs do you have? What amp are you running? All this matters when building a box. Also this is just IMO I don't think you will have enough space to build a proper ported box for the 2 15's, I say this because my box for my 1 12 is 2.6 cubic feet and if I'm not mistaken you will need like 4 cubes or so for the 15's (once again I could be wrong on that since it depends on what subs you have.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Actually based on the tags, OP has 15' Kicker Cvr's, which you may not be able to fit cause those subs like around 5 cubes each to get loud, so that's 10 cubes net after displacement and port.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yea to small IMO for a a proper box for the 2 15's. you maybe able to use 1 but not 2.

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Any sub can be louder then any other sub FYI it just depends on power box car and a lot more. I have seen the same sub in 2 cars one in a crapy box one in a custom box both on same power and the one with a custom box was louder and sounded better

141 on music.

With thoes subs and amp

There is no resion why you can't fit a stanard l-port box or even a dual chamber,

And you should be able to go higher the 18 if needed

Thoes subs work in anything over 3net

Personal experience with thoes subs say big net small port

But anything close to 8net with 100-110sq" of port will work for daily quite well

Archived