Sundown Audio

Sundown X-8 Information Thread (2013)

It's being driven with an NS-1 @ 2 ohms -- so it's going a bit beyond where it "should" be driven. So yes, at a certain point you'll get a bit of surround dimpling -- it won't hurt the sub, though. The surround is the same geometry as the Z v.3 18" surround.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

You can buy parts form them to build a 8" monster out of a SA12 motor. At least according to someone I spoke to through email there.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

The X-8 will like the same boxes as the SA-8 v.2 -- we did test up to 1 cube but you will have to watch mechanics a bit on the full 750 RMS (clamped anyway).

Can it handle a zx1500? lol
im pushing my 8v2 on zx750 (932rms birthed) in a tline and it gets warm to the touch but blows cool air for the past couple months. Definitely excited for this! can you say UPGRADE?! Haha

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

It's being driven with an NS-1 @ 2 ohms -- so it's going a bit beyond where it "should" be driven. So yes, at a certain point you'll get a bit of surround dimpling -- it won't hurt the sub, though. The surround is the same geometry as the Z v.3 18" surround.

so what is the projected xmax going to be? Do you happen to know the weight and maybe the fs?

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

You know I haven't weighed it... usually weight is the last thing on my mind after making it work right :) It's heavy for sure, though.

I posted specs up somewhere else before -- but Fs is ~40 Hz or so. Should settle down into the high 30s after a while.

Linear x-max should be in the ~22mm or so range; with total movement capacity a good bit higher than that.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 1 month later...

Any updates on these? Release date... box requirements. .. pricing?

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.