Second Skin Audio

need some opinions and help with options of woofers and box design

i want some more bass this is my daily driver street bumping small to mid size suv.

my current system for my lows

2 planet audio big bang 12,s ported

1 memphis 1000 watt class d. plain and simple i want more bass

im leaning towards one of two ideas

1.adding 2 more planet audio big bang 12,s and another memphis 1000 d for a total of 4 big bang 12,s and 2 memphis 1000,s with a new ported box .if i choose this one i will need to add a high output alt and a new xs battery

or option 2..i was thinking of going with 2 15.s and using my 1000d .im not sure which 15,s to run .....im willing to spend 750 on the 15,s but with only 1000 watts im not sure what would be louder and i been out of the loop for so long im not up on the newer brands

does anyone got any ideas i was leaning towards the 4 12,s but love the lows of the 15,s

the max size deminsions i have for a new woofer box is height 16

width 42 1/2

length 30

i want the woofers firing up so could some one help me with a box design to get this thing louder thanks guys

When all else is equal, more cone area = more air moving. The cone area of 2 15's is equivalent to a little more than what you get from 3 12's. Yes there are other variables, but for the sake of your question that will suffice.

That being said, if you want more bass and done as cheap as possible, buy 2 15's and re-work your box to their specs. If your box is the most common design, that shouldn't be too much work or money.

Archived