Sundown Audio

I was wondering, about how much cubic ft I need in a ported box for 2 SA-10 to get the most out of them, and the most sound quality. Also what would be a good Hz to tune at

Box will be 15x35x15. Ported and slanted, because of my hatch back, trying to optimize trunk space :)

Was wondering how much room I need for the 10s so I can figure in slant

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

the sa 10s needs 1 cube to 1.25 cubes. i would range my tuning from 32 to 35 which ever you prefer. but the 32 hz would prob sound the best in my opinion. i have 2 e10 subs in a box tuned to 34 hz and they sound really good but still think 32 makes most of the high bass sound better. i have the cut sheet for my box if your interested. everything is about the same for the e10s and sa10s for box volume.

the sa 10s needs 1 cube to 1.25 cubes. i would range my tuning from 32 to 35 which ever you prefer. but the 32 hz would prob sound the best in my opinion. i have 2 e10 subs in a box tuned to 34 hz and they sound really good but still think 32 makes most of the high bass sound better. i have the cut sheet for my box if your interested. everything is about the same for the e10s and sa10s for box volume.

Tuning lower won't make the "high bass" sound better.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I was planning on running it within the 32-35 hz range. Probably 33 or 35. Was also going to have about 1.1 cubic feet per sub to give it room, wanted to make sure i was about right though.

But if you can send me the box layout you made, that would be great

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

my brother has the same subs and its tuned 32 and it sounds a little better idk. im not a expert but some high notes sound a little cleaner on the 32hz thats all im saying. just the overall sq i would say is better

my brother has the same subs and its tuned 32 and it sounds a little better idk. im not a expert but some high notes sound a little cleaner on the 32hz thats all im saying. just the overall sq i would say is better

Most likely the car is causing that effect to happen or the box isnt built to spec.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .