Sonic Electronix

Hey guys I need help on how to set my gains on my amps with my multimeter. I have a planet audio ac1600.4 for mids n highs and a planet audio ac1000.2 on my subs. (Budget build). I know the formula is ( the square root of ohms x rms power) I just don't know if I use the rms power of the amp or the speakers on the amp. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

edit: removed previous post as my friend was at my computer and has no idea what he is doing.

i find it better to tune by ear then anything else.

from my understanding of what was explained to me a while back and made absolutely no since to me!

if speakers match amp in rms

Use this equation to figure out voltage power output:
- Take the RMS wattage per channel and multiply by speaker(s) ohm load
- Now take that number and push the square root button on the calculator
Ex: 50 Watts RMS x 4ohm load = 200, square root = 14.142135

based on what i keep hearing, if speakers are lower rms use their rms instead and then tune by ear.

i find this to be somewhat not true as for my luck it turned out a 50/50 chance of blowing them out or actually coming close to being set correctly.

I would tune them by ear instead of multimeter because if an amp claims 1000 watts rms, but only puts out 700, and you set it to 1000, you will be clipping like crazy. I would just set them by ear. if you don't know how to do this, sonicelectronix has a good video on youtube explaining it.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Buy a dd1 and call it done..

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

you mean to tell me not a single person on the forum has a DD-1 in the Florida area near you that you can borrow or pay to use?

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Im sorry but you are guys are retarded... Telling a new person to audio to tune by ear is dumb as hell...

OP i would try to find someone near you with a DD-1 or try to find a decent audio shop in your area to assist you until you get a chance or find someone to help you tune it and have them teach you

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

edit: removed previous post as my friend was at my computer and has no idea what he is doing.

i find it better to tune by ear then anything else.

from my understanding of what was explained to me a while back and made absolutely no since to me!

if speakers match amp in rms

Use this equation to figure out voltage power output:

- Take the RMS wattage per channel and multiply by speaker(s) ohm load

- Now take that number and push the square root button on the calculator

Ex: 50 Watts RMS x 4ohm load = 200, square root = 14.142135

based on what i keep hearing, if speakers are lower rms use their rms instead and then tune by ear.

i find this to be somewhat not true as for my luck it turned out a 50/50 chance of blowing them out or actually coming close to being set correctly.

Instructions weren't clear enough, got my dick stuck in the pantry.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/137758-smd-audio-tools-map/

Here ya go bro, see if anyone on here registered themselves near you

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Archived