Check out the SMD Web Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

Sign in to follow this  
MACnonsence6

good tint brands for beginner

so im planning on re tinting my 98 neon ive had 5% before ended up with a ticket a while back now i plan on doing 35% all the way around the side windows are pretty easy to do but the back ive never tried looking for tips tricks and advice as well as good brands that will keep heat and uv as well as people trying to see in my car out

^^X2 something like tint is better off left to someone who knows what they're doing. Plus most good shops offer lifetime warranties on their work. I had my F150 windows done for $50 at 10% with a lifetime warranty. Depending on what part of the country you're in you're looking at anywhere from $170-$250 for a 4 door car including the windshield, all 4 doors, and rear window.

ive glasses a double din deck in a neon. im not gona take it anywhere to be tinted. im more of a do it your selfer

Lol glassing is easy compared to tint

Like said shop around. Most places have life time warranty. So it doesn't really matter what tiny they use. And even at that point they use good tint so they don't have to go back and re do it

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Yea I'd consider myself a pretty good "do it yourselfer" too but I've tried tinting before and could NEVER get it to look good. So I finally have up and got it done at a shop and it looks absolutely flawless

I would scour youtube (I just did) and find a couple videos on it. Although, those guys make it look simple....you can go to tintstuff.tv and they sell pre-cut sheets.

By the time you pay for a quality tint you could almost have it done perfectly professionally. Unless you are looking to learn and do it as a side business, it is not a good investment. Like others have said take it to the pros and save yourself the time and headache.