AGM Drycell battery with hole in housing - any good or not?

Got a Kinetik HC3800 from a friend and apparently ups damaged the battery and it had a hole the size of a quarter on the housing near the negative terminal.

Oddly the battery still read 12.9 volts when charged but I noticed it would charge to full very fast...

Do you guys think this battery is still any good or not? I was wondering since it is a drycell maybe the hole did not affect it (we patched it up with epoxy and a piece of plastic btw)...

Did a load test on it and it went up to around 400A before dropping to 10v after like 10 seconds...

If UPS damaged it file a claim. I wouldn't use it. It may work now bit I'll bet a few months down the road it wont

Read many mixed opinions on this - some people say its ok to patch it up and use it and some people say its no good anymore once the housing gets a hole / leak in it even though it is dry cell agm and can change the internal resistance which can cause charging issues ie. not fully charging etc. - what to do....

What do you guys think about this HC3800 ?

Let me put it this way: UPS broke it. Let UPS fix it.

Escalate it.

Why would they ship and charge you extra for insurance if they could see the packaging wasn't enough to allow them to pay off an insurance claim?

Archived