2003 7.3 Powerstroke Excursion FINALLY GETTING a System

I say you lower it, put it on 26's, do a front end swap, and do the interior in black suede and black leather with door panels to match.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of the one sitting here. My bad. :domodance:

Jon, the one there looks great, but I can't see lowering and excursion or a gas version. :)

EGR delete if you want, but a tranny cooler is a great investment. Keeping a 7.3 cool is the key to it's longevity.

7.3 doesnt have an egr, pre emissions law built. People steady give advice on stuff they dont know <_<

The plasti looks good on it. What brand grille is on it?

Considering it's been 5 years since I've worked under the hood of a 7.3, it's not surprising that I forgot 03.5 was the first year of EGR on Ford diesels. Now if it was a 6.0 Excursion, a more efficient EGR cooler would be a better choice than an all around delete of the egr system. Hell the last time I even worked on a 7.3 was replacing u-joints....at 280k miles, on an 01, 6 months ago. One to start shit, but I won't clog up Jeff's log with unnecessary bullshit.

Settled on any plans yet, Jeff? Towrig/daily sq system? Just one small suggestion: backup camera :)

Tow rig for sure, and leaning towards an insainly loud sq setup. Want to leave enough in the bad to throw the dog cage in the back for my bulldog.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EGR delete if you want, but a tranny cooler is a great investment. Keeping a 7.3 cool is the key to it's longevity.

7.3 doesnt have an egr, pre emissions law built. People steady give advice on stuff they dont know <_<

The plasti looks good on it. What brand grille is on it?

Grill is just a cheapo from eBay. Looks alot like the rbp and metal x versions but this was a lot cheaper and came pre assembled. I couldn't see partying 600-800 for an insert that required me to cut the stock frame out. Toolmaker is currently working on a logo for me now

• 1 year later...

Well this things been on the back burner long Enough. Its still gonna be the company tow pig and package hauler but it finally needs an upgrade from stock. I have been asked while all our systems are so extreme. So with that, we will attempt to do an affordable for most people system. I thing I'm gonna set the limit at 2500.00 with a +/-5% for wiggle room. Whats everyone's thoughts? Truck will still have to haul daily packages so using the whole cargo is out.

Archived