Sonic Electronix

ap15001d over heating problems?

I wish I had some advice for you. Obviously everyone finds it easier to take shots at your amp rather than troubleshoot it. I've ran a few ap1500s with no problems. Used em on big boy subs with no issues. Yours may be on its way out I donno. Hope you get some guidance.

SMDSIG3.png

i checked and cleaned off my ground still same issue. im not sure what else it could be the only other thing i can think of is my deck has 5v pre outs the ap1500 says it is a 5v max but the amp was working fine before why would it all of the sudden decide to go into protect

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

im running 2 amps atm so if the conections were bad the other amp would be having similar issues . i run the ap1500 for my sub and a duel 4 chan for my mids and highs both share the same rear battery and grounds. i tried unhooking the remote for the duel amp and still same issue tomorrow im gona turn the sub level way down on the deck maybe thatll send under a 5v signal to the amp thats the only thing i can think of for why its doing it 5v outs on an amp ment for 5v max but if thats the case why would it have worked perfect this long

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

no i dont think thats it at all. today on my way to work i noticed my mid and high amp was having really bad distortion something i can only describe as static on the radio. "playing the deck threw usb flash" so im thinking o fuck the decks going. so i get to work the whole way im playing with the bass knob for the audiopipe itll come on then off ect. so i think alright its deff gotta be the rca outs on the deck. just got home ran some cables from my laptop directly to my mid and high amp same distortion. so its not the deck. and now my ap stays in protect goes right into red no blue at all. so now im like GAH how could i have blown 2 amps. i dont think eather is blown. about to pull each one and test individually inside. i think its a bad ground. i re sanded my ground yesturday thats the only thing i changed and now the mid and high amp has mad distortion. so ima take do some testing ill keep you posted but i dont think any of my stuff is blown i think its something really simple and stupid

its a bad ground or the remote wire cant put out enough voltage to keep both amps on tested them on a jumper pack. no distortion audiopipe goes outa protect gets LOUD with out shutting off. so audiopipe haters. the amp did its job telling me NO somethings wrong it did not take a dump everything is fine now i just gotta figure out the bad ground or the remote wire issue. still rocking my audiopipe and duel amp thanks smashedz28 traced the problem found it now just gotta fix it

Archived