Second Skin Audio

Who has used the speaker tweaker kit?

The only other topic I found on it is from 2010 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/93877-speaker-tweaker-pads/?hl=%2Bspeaker+%2Btweaker#entry1292299

only review "Ya I have them in my front doors. I really did not notice any difference after installing them. I wouldn't bother buying them. "

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

I am interested in hearing some responses. It is much cheaper than black hole 5 that is in my front doors. I would like to add some to a pair of pods for 8" fullranges I am going to be doing in a few months. When used properly they should improve midbass response and clarity in the midrange. Esp. with paper cone speakers. Jon could you tell us what they are made of. Is it several layers of foam, and butyl; with mlv sandwiched in between? What freq. range is it having the most effect on? If I use it with a 15" midbass would you recommend two per enclosure?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

To answer the previous question on what its made out of, it is just rubber where one side is flat, the other has the rippled design. I never installed mine though as I didn't have much desire for it but I picked up 2 for free when I ordered my trunk pack of damp pro since at the time they had a promo to spend so much and get a set of them free. They, well at least mine didn't come with any adhesive so you need to glue them to the door yourself. I don't see much point in it honestly as it will be useless when your window is down all the way the pads are blocked by the window.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I'm pretty certain it is a closed cell foam pad to help diffuse the sound waves and prevent them from bouncing back into the speaker, but i could be wrong though.

I would think some 1/4" or 3/8" thick closed cell foam would work the same to keep the back wave from bouncing off the door back into the speaker.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2