Sundown Audio

SA 12 stopped working..help!

Unless it was a manufacture defect it probably is not under warranty, if the sub is bad you will need a recone, I suggest buying a basket too for a few bicks extra and it makes the process easier.

Uhhh..... How is replacing the basket making it easier???

Dmm at conection at smp, if good, go to terminal on box if there is one, if good go to the sub. That will tell you where the issue is. Its been said a few times now.

OR "Pop" test the sub.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Unless it was a manufacture defect it probably is not under warranty, if the sub is bad you will need a recone, I suggest buying a basket too for a few bicks extra and it makes the process easier.

Uhhh..... How is replacing the basket making it easier???

Dmm at conection at smp, if good, go to terminal on box if there is one, if good go to the sub. That will tell you where the issue is. Its been said a few times now.

OR "Pop" test the sub.

^

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Maybe he means he will save grinding time?

That's my best guess.. lol

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

just glue recone on cut surround for extra strength. right? more layers is extra strength. trust me, i'm from america.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Soo what about that paint thats on the new baskets? Say fuck it and glue over it? Lol....

I've noticed that most manufacturers don't take the time to do it on their subs when they build them..

Makes me wonder..

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw

Let me draw a map for those that cant apply some common sense. Check outside the box at the terminal cup if there is one. If no reading is present, then check it at the sub while checking the wires at the same time making sure none of them have come loose or have a connection problem...

Lol I am a shipboard electrician and have spent 5 years on a ship chasing grounds, trouble shooting electrical distribution systems, as well as maintaining DC propulsion systems, gyro compasses, generators, e to p boards, transducers, and tracking down all the various electrical gremlins that you would expect to find on a ship. I have spent 7 years working on said systems (forgot sound powered phone and other comm circuits) while stationed on land, and 4 years teaching lighthouse and solar tech classes as well as calculating solar needs and requirements for hundreds of lighted buoys, lighthouses, and sound signals. (sorry for that lol, but am retiring in 4 years and working on resume for the next 20 years of my life :P )

I assure you my reply wasn't a lack of common sense. In fact, common sense told me that if a person with his post count asks a question like this, that he either 1) doesn't own a meter, and 2) if he does, may not know what all the silly lines beside the dial... (no offense OP, but I don't know you or your experience level, you could be an electrical engineer or some shit I guess).

95% of us can easily grab a meter and check our coils and know what the readings should be, and what to set the dial on. But I would imagine that 100% of us could hook the sub up to another source and see if music comes out of it lol. I prefer the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method of troubleshooting. Your way is the way I would use myself, but my way is simple enough that my 12 year old could do it without any further instruction hehe.

Edited by ncochran

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Soo what about that paint thats on the new baskets? Say fuck it and glue over it? Lol....

I've noticed that most manufacturers don't take the time to do it on their subs when they build them..

Makes me wonder..

Because the come from china... Thats to much work to do, my SSDs you cam see that they cleaned them, same with my btls, sp4 and other Fi/aa subs ive seen.

You need a rough surface for the glue to attach too. The older alpine type Rs always had surrounds comming off the basket if for whatever reason a screw head got under the surround

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Makes me wonder..

Because the come from china... Thats to much work to do, my SSDs you cam see that they cleaned them, same with my btls, sp4 and other Fi/aa subs ive seen.

You need a rough surface for the glue to attach too. The older alpine type Rs always had surrounds comming off the basket if for whatever reason a screw head got under the surround

I'm in no way disagreeing. Just something I've noticed over the years.

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(1) Mechman 240

TEAM NWSPL

155db outlaw