Sundown Audio

SA 12 stopped working..help!

Yeah but taking a small chinese layer of paint off the basket is cake and you can do it by hand easily, for the 10$ sundown charges for a basket I save time and tools. I bought more then a few of sundown yardsale sa12's and 10's to build for friends and some other people, process was much easier/faster and didnt require power tools. Just my 2c....

Oh and the surround and spider was glued onto paint on my sa12 when I got it....never heard of them having a spider/surround problem. Type-r's are not sa's...just sayin.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

So when did we decide the sub was blown? Did the OP actually check the coils or not? I only see him asking what to do if they have no reading. I'd like to see if he actually checked the coils or not.

Yeah but taking a small chinese layer of paint off the basket is cake and you can do it by hand easily, for the 10$ sundown charges for a basket I save time and tools. I bought more then a few of sundown yardsale sa12's and 10's to build for friends and some other people, process was much easier/faster and didnt require power tools. Just my 2c....

Oh and the surround and spider was glued onto paint on my sa12 when I got it....never heard of them having a spider/surround problem. Type-r's are not sa's...just sayin.

I can clean a basket quicker then swapping it, having proper tools goes along way.

Never did i say sundown had an issue. But why take a chance if it takes an extra 2 min to clean a basket

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

You can either

A ) Hook your amp up to one of your home stereo speakers if you don't get anything make sure you have 12VDC at the input side of your amp. If you don't feel like dragging a speaker out to your car...

B ) Check to make sure you have 12VDC on the input side of your amp, then on your speaker terminals coming out of the amp, make sure you have some amount of AC voltage coming out of the amp. If you have DC input with no AC output, it could be your RCA cables, it could also be the amp. You can also meter your RCA cables to make sure you are getting a signal out of them. This would also be AC voltage probably less than 3-4 volts depending on your HU.

Before I would do any of that though, I would turn everything on and see if the amp's power light is on. I would also check to see if the "protection" light is on.

Edited by ncochran

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Just checked everything i could think of, nothing seems faulty except something wrong with the amp since it turns on, i checked everything from making sure it has 12v, remote turn on, rca's, so i just sent the amp back, guess i'm staying away from hifonics brutus. Hopefully a new amp will fix the problem