looks good man!!!

just sayin

Toothpaste is gritty but not like the sandpaper you use in the 3M kits lol.

Good comment on that video though from the poster:

"Use the toothpaste to clean them, and then use the mouthwash for the minty fresh smell driving down the interstate!"

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

nice results! ive noticed this is a very temporary fix. has anyone tried waxing the headlights to prevent buildup again? or maybe clear coat?

Yeah it takes about and hour or more to do...

When we are done we rub a carnauba wax over it and tell the customer to do it about once a month to help prevent it!

I put wax on after I finished it. It make it shine just the more and even better I liked the results from the wax

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

• 2 weeks later...

For $17 dollars I would much rather use something like this kit http://www.sisweb.com/micromesh/headlight_kits.htm

If you wet sand the lights with it like the instructions say you can use this kit forever. Definitely way cheaper than the 3M professional kit.

It takes a little bit of time and elbow grease but it gets the headlight lens back to new. It removes all dirt/oxidation. It is the same thing they use to remove scratches from aircraft windshields. No wax needed.

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

I just got some 1k and 2k grit wet/dry sandpaper and spent the next 45 minutes on each light to get them looking like new, and hit them once a year with the 2k paper and about 10 minutes per light and they keep on looking good.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Regardless of what manufacturer your vehicle is the older it is the longer it will take you the first time you do it, and as long as you clean them once a year they'll keep looking good and lighting the road like they should.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

^^

Agreed.

It is a personal pet peeve of mine when I see a really nice and clean car or truck and the damn headlights are oxidized.... like really? You could not take 10 mins and fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived