Sonic Electronix

What's considered "too much" RMS for A Daily listener?

I'm upgrading from 2 kicker dcvr's that were being fed around 300-400 RMS. I'm looking for A lot more power, I've heard 1200RMS and I still want more. Would you guys consider lets just say A single DC XL 12" ran of a DC 3.5 A higher end daily setup? chest breaking shit? Or I was interested in 2 12" XL's ran off a 5k for daily and maybe competitons if they're ever around in the MA area. The reason why I ask, is I could get a sweet setup done in a month compared to waiting 8 months.

Would be setup in a Accord, sealed off.

edit: Is 5k tolerable for long rides?

It all depends on what you want. I had my daily driver done with 3500ish rms on the sub, and around 500 to the mids/highs. Gonna be going up to 7000 rms on the sub and 750ish to the mids/high soon.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

lol this is a open ended question, the answer is answered by your own self. You can have 10,000 watts daily ifyour pockets and ears can handle it. Its all personal preference bro

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

i was once in that situation,

and every time i upgrade i keep thinking nah it has to be louder next time.

so just start off big. it will save you a lot of time! if you are like me lol.

edit-- another example, if you have two systems one louder then the other, the louder one can always be turned down...

and i dont listen to mine full tilt when i am driving all the time.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

You build up tolerance in a way. When I first put in my system, I would turn it down after awhile. Now I can go for hour long rides and have it not bother me.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

All personal preference. If peoples ears can handle 20k-30k daily and they WANT to listen to it daily then to each their own. I know you're mainly asking what most people have for wattage with their daily setups but I think most of the people here listen to their equipment on some what of a regular basis (unless it's SOLELY for burping) but maybe not full tilt for long drives/hours EVERY DAY.

However, I have close to, but not quite, 8k RMS running through my PURELY daily ground pounder mobile and I know I want MORE. I know there is folks out there that have WAY more than me too.

Seems like maybe 1k-4k or less is about what the most common setup is for the average Joe who's life doesn't revolve around *Bass everyday* but still likes great sound and some bump

Again, JUST MY OPINION

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I am no expert in any way but I am not sure you can put the phrase "too much" and system, stereo, daily driver, etc in the same sentence. Too much girl, yes but never too much power.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

The post is titled what is too much daily RMS. IMO there is no such thing as too much. Bass is one of those things that we get used to and our tolerance of the type of shit that takes the air out of your lungs grows. If you are like most of us, you will ALWAYS want to be louder than what you are.

Is 5k tolerable for long rides? I assume you mean a true 5k on just your subs. In an accord I am not sure if your electrical will support everything that would be going on to feed your sub amp alone enough voltage/amperage to keep it running at 5kw (music is dynamic so it would vary, but that's another discussion) plus your other amp(s), and the vehicle. Some could tolerate it some wouldn't be able to. I have a buddy who would bail when I went full tilt with only about 1200w going to 3 12's and IMO that system left much to be desired.

Sorry if I rambled too much but those aren't yes no questions across every scenario.

Archived