Sundown Audio

Is the E-15 a good Choice for my wall?

Hey guys,

SO im starting to piece together goodies for my first wall.

1990 Civic Wagon C-piller Wall.

4 15's on a 5k

~240 Amps plus all the needed upgraded electrical/ Batteries and ELD switch.

The Goal for the build is for SQ Mainly. But obviously i want to at least do a 50. Lol

The car will most likely never enter a competition.

75/25% Dubstep/Rap

Center Slot port Tuned to about 32-33hz. I wanted to go 4th order, but i just dont have the room....i Dont think. lol

Im starting out on a budget, but im looking at the possibility of a quick woofer upgrade in about 6 Months (x4 NS-15 im hoping)

Would the E-15 Woofer be a good choice for my wall? Its seems to be the best woofer for the price at the moment. i have always loved the sounds of sundowns product, and always admired their quality.

Ive had the Sa-8's, SA-10' SA-15', and NS18. Plus ive heard the E-12's and the E-10's, and those pound really good for the Price!

I hope the heard the good news from you soon! lol

And Hoping to heard you will be putting the SA-15's on sale so i can buy 4 of those instead!

there is no reason it wouldn't be a good sub for you in the right box. sorry, sundown section.

Edited by Bship

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Aren't the E series a low power sub? No way they can take 1k or more.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I honestly think that the sa15 is the way to go. Maybe in the future you could even upgrade from that, but the sa will get very very loud. In an unwalled setup my old car did a 155+ with only 4 sa12's and 2 saz3500's. The new car I have 2 sa12's and a single saz3500 and is right around a 150. For the money the sa is going to be the choice I would go with 100/100 times.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

5k is way to much power for 4 E15s. They are only 400w woofers. Run either the SAs or the X line.

If he buy dual 2 Ohms he can run them on 4 Ohm, or dual 4 Ohm´s on 2 Ohm´s. Than isn´t the 5 K to big.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=4&woofer_imp=3

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I actually plan on running them at 4Ohm's, and the amp low. I don't want to have to replace an amp down the road. So i can run it low and make it last l

I want the SQ over the DB.

sweet, I always thought about having a system like that. Always wondered the difference between 2k @ 4 ohm compared to 2k at 1 ohm. What 5k do you plan on using?
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm