UBL: Lbox88's 2009 Equinox

So MOAR PIKTARS of what I worked on last night getting the panel fixed and a few other pics. Need to pick up some Loctite just in case this happens again or in case any other parts pop loose.

Panel off
IMG_2874.jpg
IMG_2875.jpg

The bolt that was missing a nut
IMG_2876.jpg
IMG_2878.jpg

The panel snapped on with the 8 clips only
IMG_2879.jpg

The 2 star bit screws back on too
IMG_2880.jpg

then
IMG_2881.jpg
tumblr_lyfnwkheRH1qhv6pa.jpg

One thing I'm contemplating doing later in the year is murdering out the tail lights. This is what they look like now.
IMG_2882.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg

Also thinking of doing the bowtie on the back
IMG_2886.jpg

As well as the bowtie up front and headlights. Headlights are a maybe though since I like being able to see at night.
IMG_2892.jpg
IMG_2893.jpg

Here's all the badges I will have to remove. The little GM logo on the front, the label on the back, and the AWD on the other side.
IMG_2887.jpg
IMG_2888.jpg
IMG_2889.jpg

And I decided to take a few shots of the alt. Now, Ohio Gen made this awesome claim when I was on the phone. Had to WORK to stop myself from laughing as this old hillbilly starts telling me that they most likely would be able to make one for me, and not to go through Mechman or DC Power because Ohio Gen has to be able to build it first before the other companies can just copy it for themselves :rolleyes: . Here's the alt though, it is a standard Denzo hairpin unit, 150A stock
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg

Just spent an hour and a half debadging most of the car. Started with the GM badges on the side which came off like a breeze, then moved to the back which took a lil bit longer. Took all but the word 'NOX' off, gonna look at it for a day and see what I think. As of right now, I'm thinking of taking that off too. ON WIT TEH PIKTARS!!!!!

Front door GM tags

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

Back passenger side AWD taken off

IMG_2907.jpg

Main Equinox LS badge

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

The more I look at it the more I want to take off the 'nox' part and just be done with it and have a clean back. Let me know what you guys think.

Build looks good! I'll be over that part of the state next weekend if i have time we can swap demos since i will have bass by Tuesday lol.

Hellz yeah, just let me know when because I have a wedding on Saturday that'll blow away most of the day. Hopefully I can have the box built and in with the new subs to see how it sounds by then.

Now on wid teh piktars

Got wood? I DO!!! :lol:

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Sitting in the garage with me:

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

It's my friend's, he's living with us for a little bit.

IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

Counter-sunk holes this time

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

Turns out the guy I had cutting these got a little cross-eyed on this one, didn't realize it til after I glued and screwed it either. I figure between a jig say, circular saw, sander, and Dremel, I should be able to fix it.

IMG_2941.jpg

I see about 7 636's a day, fun ass bikes for sure.

Builds looking good! Love the color on that Equi as well.

Thanks!

Got glue?
IMG_2942.jpg
Shot glue all over and then spread it thin using a putty knife.

Hopefully 70 lbs in subs, 35 lbs of fertilizer, a 20 lb chainsaw, and 20 lb toolbox is enough weight.
IMG_2943.jpg

Archived