Sundown Audio

Going from my 1 18 fi q @1200 rms to 2 sundown x 15s @ 2000 rms i cant notice much difference.. the sundowns has louder lows but the Q was louder on Music.. Maybe when i push them to 2400 or 2800 rms they might be just as loud but right now my brother as my old amp and fi 18 and he's shittin on me in the Music deportment.. No lie im selling my x-15s and going back to fi..

Maybe its your aero ports? How much port area do you have and what did you use to design them?
The reason he isn't getting the results he wants is because you arnt the dr. Subwoofer you think you are...not trying to be rude man but I can't take how you keep saying everywhere you go that your fi 18 was louder than these two x 15s....it is your user "error" that's causing them to not be as loud as you want...

Here is an example of his c pillar "wall".

"http://youtu.be/thz-i4Gms-Y"

^^ sorry for the embed fail

Look i had my fi q 18 in many boxes before i came up with the one i liked and they all sounded good.. I can bet u NEVER heard an Fi q before because if you have you would know just how loud and good they sound.. people don't talk about Fi for Nothing.. I give my brother my Fi and he built a small box with the same old amp i use and i can hear him two blocks coming. We throw it into my SUV and It bangs harder than the Xs. we been do car audio for years and if i know what Im doing.. and for the c pillar i just wanted to try something different.. and yes i have try these Xs in a regular street-box design.. 2 of them and they were just ok.. but im thur with u..

I have heard plenty of fi q 18 set ups actually and wasn't impressed whatsoever....dude...your aero port is a hole....and your c pillar wall is not a wall......Please sell your x 15s to someone who actually knows how to use them and quit bashing sundown....go home kid you're drunk

Im not bashing sundown I said I just dont think these subs are for me..

bro I really think if you can find a way to build a wall with a proper port and good tuning youll really like them... try 7-8cbft and a slot port at 30-35hz with like 100-125" of port with 14-16" port per foot youll be happy man

i cant i already made it too big ang now its smaller.. it was 10 cuft and now im at 7 cuft.. the box only goes back 12'' and a slotted port will not work unless i place it behind the sides.. I will just have to rebuilt my first box over again.. but just tune higher.. this box..

2m2ut09.jpg

Vehicle: 2005 Kia Sorrento Ex

Head Unit: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Mids & Highs: Motorola KSN-1005s & Alpine SPR-17C Type R 6.5s

Speaker Amp: Sony XM-ZR1252

Sub Amplifier: Pure Audio 3000.1

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 21"

I remember.. but i wasn't impressed neither.. but u also have to realize that your car has less air to move compare to my suv.. so it would seem louder in your car.. Im DONE..

Has nothing to do with it.....you have 15s, not 12s....and the big difference is that my enclosure was built properly....listen to Dylan....build another box 7-8 cubes tuned to 30hz (slot port) with a bunch of port area and power them properly....please have someone build you a box deign for them too.

i know how to design a box.. it just the wall is out the question..

Going from my 1 18 fi q @1200 rms to 2 sundown x 15s @ 2000 rms i cant notice much difference.. the sundowns has louder lows but the Q was louder on Music.. Maybe when i push them to 2400 or 2800 rms they might be just as loud but right now my brother as my old amp and fi 18 and he's shittin on me in the Music deportment.. No lie im selling my x-15s and going back to fi..

Maybe its your aero ports? How much port area do you have and what did you use to design them?
The reason he isn't getting the results he wants is because you arnt the dr. Subwoofer you think you are...not trying to be rude man but I can't take how you keep saying everywhere you go that your fi 18 was louder than these two x 15s....it is your user "error" that's causing them to not be as loud as you want...

Here is an example of his c pillar "wall".

"http://youtu.be/thz-i4Gms-Y"

^^ sorry for the embed fail

Look i had my fi q 18 in many boxes before i came up with the one i liked and they all sounded good.. I can bet u NEVER heard an Fi q before because if you have you would know just how loud and good they sound.. people don't talk about Fi for Nothing.. I give my brother my Fi and he built a small box with the same old amp i use and i can hear him two blocks coming. We throw it into my SUV and It bangs harder than the Xs. we been do car audio for years and if i know what Im doing.. and for the c pillar i just wanted to try something different.. and yes i have try these Xs in a regular street-box design.. 2 of them and they were just ok.. but im thur with u..

I have heard plenty of fi q 18 set ups actually and wasn't impressed whatsoever....dude...your aero port is a hole....and your c pillar wall is not a wall......Please sell your x 15s to someone who actually knows how to use them and quit bashing sundown....go home kid you're drunk

Im not bashing sundown I said I just dont think these subs are for me..

bro I really think if you can find a way to build a wall with a proper port and good tuning youll really like them... try 7-8cbft and a slot port at 30-35hz with like 100-125" of port with 14-16" port per foot youll be happy man

i cant i already made it too big ang now its smaller.. it was 10 cuft and now im at 7 cuft.. the box only goes back 12'' and a slotted port will not work unless i place it behind the sides.. I will just have to rebuilt my first box over again.. but just tune higher.. this box..

2m2ut09.jpg

a good regular box will be better than a bad wall any day of the week, if that's what you have to do to sound good than do it, but I really think youll regret it if you sell them.... I really like the way mine sounds

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

im gonna rebuilt it first and if i don't notice better sound and a bit more loudness they gone.. I promise u that..

if you want you can give me your max dimensions and I can play around on torres for a little bit. Not doubting your box designing skills but it cant hurt to have some ideas thrown at you

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

also since im tuning higher my port can be bigger.. my new box will be ..

8.3 cuft @ 33 hz with 132 sq in of port.. port ft area is 15..

if you want you can give me your max dimensions and I can play around on torres for a little bit. Not doubting your box designing skills but it cant hurt to have some ideas thrown at you

He legitly put a hole in the box as an 8" "aero port"....I doubt his box designing skills...

No offense dude but I really wanna see you get good results with your x's...

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

Id bet money youll be happy with them in that box

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Id bet money youll be happy with them in that box

And please post pics of design/build pics so we can see the enclosure.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz