DC Sound Lab

DC Level 2 or Level 3 12" for 1000 watts rms amp?

Have a Rockford R1000.1D amp that does 1k rms at 2ohms and wanted to upgrade woofers to get the best SPL and SQ for it and possibly for the price. I know Level 2s are rated at 600rms and 3s at 900rms but ive heard that DC subs are underrated and was curious what would be best? Ive been told to get a Level 2 by a few people already....

There's no simple answer. It depends on the user, we don't know your habits and skill level. So that being said, just stick to RMS

If you are using 2 subs, then get the Level 2s. If only 1 sub is being used then get the Level 3.

I will not tell you to put more than rated power on any of our subs. If you decide to do so, it is at your own risk. I know how much power I can give each of our subs in my own applications, but that does not mean that anyone else will be able to do the same. There are too many variables that come into play. This is one of those if you have to ask, dont do it situations. Stick with RMS power and you will be happy.