Sundown Audio

Amp help!!!!

KyleRhone

My friend is running a Crunch p900.4 amplifier. He has two rockford fosgate subs connected to the amp. each bridged seperately. there is one set of RCA's going to the amp with 2 splitters on it to give sound to all four channels. The amplifier has a switch on it the let's you change between 2 channel, 3 channel, and 4 channel. now my knowledge would leave me to believe that the amp should be set to four channel. 2 channels for one sub bridged, 2 channels for the other sub bridged. The problem is, when it's on 4 or 2 channel it is unbarebly quiet but when it's on 3 channel it's as loud as i'd expect it to be. however it seems one sub is hitting harder than the other which commen sence says one sub is getting one channel, the other is getting 2. (3 channels). I tried unplugging rca's one by one to see if it makes a difference and all four make it slightly quieter when unplugged one by one. does anyone have a clue what's going on. if need be i'll create a little diagram to show how the amp and subs are set up

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride.

Yes, tell said friend to toss amp and get a new one. lol sorry not much help but I'm more of hands on. Check to make sure all channels work, check gain, check sub wiring on both subs, check crossover settings, make sure RCA's and splitters are good and that's all I got for ya. Sorry.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Yes, tell said friend to toss amp and get a new one. lol sorry not much help but I'm more of hands on. Check to make sure all channels work, check gain, check sub wiring on both subs, check crossover settings, make sure RCA's and splitters are good and that's all I got for ya. Sorry.

I had a feeling someone would say toss the amp. crossovers are set correctly, gains are correct, I would assume since subs are both playing that they are both connected fine between the sub and through the box. i'll have to do some more extensive testing on rca's

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride.

What he said! I am assuming that you have 2 gains on that amp, 1 for channel 1&2, 1 for channel 3&4. If one sub is playing louder the than the other you need to gain match.

What he said! I am assuming that you have 2 gains on that amp, 1 for channel 1&2, 1 for channel 3&4. If one sub is playing louder the than the other you need to gain match.

Yes, that's the way it is and everything is matched exactly. gains, corssover and even the EQ

Archived