Amp Test Tuesday: DC Audio 1.2k - Rated 1200w RMS @ 1ohm (Pre-Guesses - RESULTS page 10!)

Lol somehow I seem to be the only one unimpressed that a ~$400 1200W amp does about 15% over it's rating. I mean.... it is obviously a quality piece of equpiment but there are several other amps out there that put out way over 1200W for way less than $400.

Anyway, not that my opinion really matters... glad to see it is a decent amp, sad to see it so overpriced compared to other amps that put out similar numbers. Awesome tests! It is really cool to know what you are getting with some of these products (both good and bad)

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Lol somehow I seem to be the only one unimpressed that a ~$400 1200W amp does about 15% over it's rating. I mean.... it is obviously a quality piece of equpiment but there are several other amps out there that put out way over 1200W for way less than $400.

Anyway, not that my opinion really matters... glad to see it is a decent amp, sad to see it so overpriced compared to other amps that put out similar numbers. Awesome tests! It is really cool to know what you are getting with some of these products (both good and bad)

It's impressive when a company has the balls to go against the status quo and tell the truth about what their amp will actually do.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

No worries.. go buy your "other amps out there".

Ill continue to buy what i like, just like you,.... and.. Not be sub par.. but.... On another level.

Thanks for playing....

see you in the lanes

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I didn't interpret his comment as an insult to the company but more to the reactions of people in the thread... I see what he's saying... And srp seems to be nudging at something ... Anyway, I could careless about doing more than rated (unless it was an absurd amount like 700w ) lol .... at that point though I'd be worried about my subwoofers getting more than I was aware of or expecting in my setup ...

If the amplifier is quality then it'll stand its tests.. clean rated output is all that should matter really .... And it is good to see the product doing as it is advertised!

It's impressive when a company has the balls to go against the status quo and tell the truth about what their amp will actually do.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Ill continue to buy what i like, just like you,.... and.. Not be sub par.. but.... On another level.

Thanks for playing....

see you in the lanes

Thanks for playing? You are most welcome lol... no need to act like a dick because I don't get pumped up off your brand of choice... I respect you and your build and understand that you are super pumped up on DC right now, so your nut huggery can't help but show lol. Your build is sick, and your equipment is nice. However, to think of every other company out there as "sub par" is just silly. You could have easily achieved the same results with other companies. You chose DC and it is clearly not a bad choice for you.

And as mentioned above, this was not meant to hammer DC. A company charging that much for an amp had damn well better deliver rated or higher, and they do. Everyone is getting all hard over a 1400W amp with a 1200W badge. Assuming the signal is clean, there comes a point where you are paying for the badge and not the power.

And as for your "see you in the lanes" comment. I hope that wasn't intended to be as condescending as your "thanks for playing".... different builds for different purposes... Yes yours is probably 8-9 db louder than mine. You probably spent literally 10-15x what I did. Congratulations on being a master of the universe.... As I said before, your build is sick and your equipment is nice. But I stand by the idea that there are SEVERAL other quality manufacturers offering rated power at a better price.

I will not de-rail this thread any further, so reply or dont (I will not). Everyone was making observations about the results, so I did the same. Sorry our opinions differ. Awesome tests, Amp Test Tuesday kicks ass!

Edited by ncochran
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Thanks for playing....

see you in the lanes

I dont buy an amp expecting it to do over rated, theres nothing special about dc, nendo, aq, etc. all are quality korean amps

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s