high output altenators who's really the best?

there's a reason DC power is the most expensive, the best IMHO, but you can't go wrong with mechman, singer, etc.......

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Ohio Generator makes a heavy duty alternator. No bull when you call them. Very Professional Company.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I had an Ohio Generator 270A in my old Pursuit (2.2L) Thing worked great. Very helpful on the phone and professional to deal with. Still have it. waiting to sell it.

I now have a Mechman 370A Elite series in my Blazer. So far so good. 222A at Idle, 15v cold an a solid 14.7-9v while playing. Also VERY good service and extremely fast build and shipping. Actually surprised me here in Canada.

They are both good companies. So far had good experiences with both.

As said. I would have faith in alts from the said companies. Singer, DC Power, Excessive etc.

:thanx:

I wouldn't pay any mind to anybody in that thread. There was literally not one shred of proper experience or advice in there. The biggest issue or difference, which has already bee stated, is preference. Everyone is going to have a different experience so a different opinion on a specific company so I'll share my experiences.

Iraggi: these were the first high output alternators I bought and they were all a waste. I ordered two denominator series, one was a dud and the other didn't do rated. So I talk with him and I was rebuilding so we discuss a quad alt setup. Send them back to him. I pay for another two so now I have a total of four denominator alts I'm expecting. I get ANOTHER dud, one that blows in like a day with no load because somehow it grounded itself out. Never received the last one and then he disappeared. I was left out almost $2,000 on alternators I never received or were complete shit. He's up and running now and I hope he goes under.

Mechman: I went to Mechman and bought quad 270s. Output was a little lower than rated but very well could have been a belt issue and I ran three with the fourth as a spare which never saw the light of day for about 18-20 months. Pricier than other options but the alternators were good. Then I took the fourth one out, hooked it up, nothing. The alternator was kept in the shipping box, no damage whatsoever on the box, nothing visible on the alt, and by all accounts a dud. I send an email asking about my options and I'm told they don't have any record of my name or information. Which was never asked for, he was just pulling the name I used on the email. I gave him my real info but still found nothing mad was told anything longer than a year is filtered out and they can't do too much without the sales invoice. That doesn't make sense and I ask if I can call and talk to the tech for possible troubleshooting and it's kind of a very brush off answer I got. These emails were on a Sunday, and I was basically told I was lucky they were even responding to me on a Sunday. Partially true except I wasn't even expecting a response when I emailed. Not that day anyways. The products have been consistent and proven, but the experience left me very angry.

Singer: the alternator seemed to have a crack in the case and I returned it. I wasn't happy about having to pay the shipping as it didn't seem to be shipping related damage. He was responsive, nice, but I've dealt with enough duds I just didn't care to continue.

Excessive: nothing earth shattering but the alt did rated, was a good price, and I got to pick a BA color so it was a beautiful alt. It worked, and worked hard, and after I sold it is still running strong in another Chevy. Customer service was good, and responses took a little bit but I was never forgotten.

DC: now, they have got to be the most excessive out of all the brands for like rated alts. And not by $10 or $20, hundreds in some cases. But I have never had a dead DC alt and the XP series are freaking tanks. Communications are a little slow at times, and build times can definitely vary if it's a model they don't make 1000 of at a time. But the wait is so worth it as I've never had anything better than my 270XP. So I talked and got the 370XP, haven't received yet but I have no worries on its ability to perform. It was probably the most excessive alternators I have ever purchased but it is a level of craftsmanship I don't see elsewhere.

You may have different things you value so just realize what they are and go with what matches your preference. If you are impatient, maybe DC isn't for you. Its possible they may carry a specific alt on the shelf but one was never made ready and waiting for me. I value something doing as its supposed to, and doing it for a long time. DC fits the bill for me, and I'll never go anywhere again.

It took me a while to get back in my topic , gotta pay those bills. damn bro I still got 2 more pages of posts to read but you pretty much covered it. you've had a lot of experience with the top brands. everythimg was in detail. loved your post. For quality I'm always patient. guess you pretty much made up my mind. thanks bro :thanx:

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

interesting, i plan on buying a h,o alt in a month.

last build was my malibu walled on a single skar 4500 @.33 daily

6 deka g31 batts Singer 330a alt 4 runs of 3/0 front-back

Three hdc3 15

Did a 154.6 this summer at Grassroots

Building a 99 yukon denali atm

?

18 from canada ontario

I'm wanting to get my first HO here in a couple months, I'm torn between going with a DC power or an Ohio Gen. Ohio gen is like 20 minutes from my house, so they are my top option because if I do have problems. It won't be a huge production to get it fixed. However, dc seems to the most trusted on the web and that means something as well.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived