high output altenators who's really the best?

DC XP series. Expensive but I truly believe there better. Coughed up $652 for my 250XP

lot of mula owned.gif.pagespeed.ce.ReDn3-gNl7.gif

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

Guest DC Power Kyle

Sooo...rule of thumb is basically never buy Iraggi?

This is the only thing I will comment on. Dom has screwed more people than you can imagine out of a lot of money. He disappeared for quite some time and then came back and lots of people accepted him with open arms.... why I have no clue but if I wasn't representing a company and were to buy one of those units, I would pay with American Express because they will get your money back one way or another... :lol:

I can say I have a dc and a singer. There both top notice. I knw I read alot of people complain dc is slow. I had no issues. I had it for 6 months and then had an issue. The guys at dc had it fixed in less then 2 weeks. Once I fabricated a bracket I got a singer gm 400a version. Amazing hands down. Both companies ate great.

Great post from TeamHT as usual.

I will say that I've never heard one single negative thing about Ohio Gen. And that's the only company I can say that about.

I had a Singer and it was fine.

But honestly... is there any way you can clamp your current alt? Maybe it's doing rated and you just need more reserve. Single digit voltage with your amps on an XS d3100 is, in my opinion... user error.

I don't have anything against you going with a more proven company for your alt, but maybe you should explore your current electrical before you drop 600 bucks on an alt you may not need. That money may very well be better spent on batts.

I agree with T-fade, seems like there's something wrong besides sub par electrical, i'm running a single G34 red top and a 180amp denso alternator, DC 3.5k@1ohm, lowest I drop is 12.8 if I play near my boxes tuning frequency.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Ohio generator is good been around forever and give you build sheet.

Have one in my 97 Tiburon 5 k build and happy with it.

Had excessive amperage 200 amp alt in my 03 lancer and had nothing but problems after 9 months.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

DC 10k @ .7

At idle, 13.3 at full tilt. Well, 97% of full tilt. Im still being a puss for now.

after 4 songs, lowest my fluke caught (min/max option running the entire time) i caught a blip of 13.1

AGAIN, all at idle.

Driving, or at revs, i hold the "hot" charge, all day.

Im extremely satisfied with the set up. And, it will only get better.

After 3 minutes of the heat we are seeing, (been around triple digits for weeks now) i hot charge at 13.6-13.8.

XS VCM shipping this week, will remedy that. :)

Used Ohio Gen 160/220 about 8-10 years ago, 7 batts, 10k watts, the alt outlasted the batts......never an issue with alt, sold the 4.3 Astro van with alts still in it....

Now using 370 Elite 6 phase Mechman alt, only about 1-2 months but no problems or complaints so far

I hate PCM controlled alts but that's not company specific issue, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived