high output altenators who's really the best?

ima get another d3100. just curious could I hook up a batt. to each amp.

make sure batts are hooked together then, if one batts goes to hell OR just charges differently there is tiny potential of the amps seeing different voltages. Wouldn't prolly tell a difference for the most part BUT for peace of mind.....

two batteries being charged by the same alt would charge at the same voltage.

I understand that concept but each battery is different, just because the alt has no choice but to put the same voltage to each doesn't mean each will actually take it the same. again though, the difference would be so minute it would be unnoticeable unless one battery was shit. If i am wrong then i apologize. I know for me I would have all batts connected together no matter if each amp was hooked to a different one or not, just what i would do, I am NOT an expert though. No hate; just debate

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Hey there is a place in Ohio building High output Alternators.

Ohio Generator. They Sponsor Car Audio also. They are on internet.

But I would go with Mechman.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

make sure batts are hooked together then, if one batts goes to hell OR just charges differently there is tiny potential of the amps seeing different voltages. Wouldn't prolly tell a difference for the most part BUT for peace of mind.....

I understand that concept but each battery is different, just because the alt has no choice but to put the same voltage to each doesn't mean each will actually take it the same. again though, the difference would be so minute it would be unnoticeable unless one battery was shit. If i am wrong then i apologize. I know for me I would have all batts connected together no matter if each amp was hooked to a different one or not, just what i would do, I am NOT an expert though. No hate; just debate

There's no debate when you're not making any relevant statements...

Even if you were to mix different type batteries your statement is still incorrect.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If they are both connected to the same alt then they are also both connected together at the alt.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Even if you were to mix different type batteries your statement is still incorrect.

That seemed harsh, haha

I just picture each rear battery being hooked to the alt but not connected to each other in the back and to me I would then not connect 1 amp per 1 battery. of course i think most would just connect the front battery to one or both rear batteries and have both rear batteries connected together then 1 amp to each battery is no biggie.

but apparently to me and only me if both rear batteries were only connected together through the alt I would not run an amp per battery. I'd hook the rear batteries together first

Just stating what i would do whether it would make a difference or not. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

That seemed harsh, haha

I just picture each rear battery being hooked to the alt but not connected to each other in the back and to me I would then not connect 1 amp per 1 battery. of course i think most would just connect the front battery to one or both rear batteries and have both rear batteries connected together then 1 amp to each battery is no biggie.

but apparently to me and only me if both rear batteries were only connected together through the alt I would not run an amp per battery. I'd hook the rear batteries together first

I think you're flailing now because you were so wrong about having an alt magically charge at two different voltages. because that didn't make any fucking sense... blink.gif.pagespeed.ce.LkyFnvXIaJ.gif

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

That seemed harsh, haha

I think you're flailing now because you were so wrong about having an alt magically charge at two different voltages. because that didn't make any fucking sense... blink.gif.pagespeed.ce.LkyFnvXIaJ.gif

Alt doesn't charge 2 batts at different voltages, but when a batt starts to die/fail it will take the charge different and having subs perform differently because of this is not something I want to happen in my vehicle so wire your however you want. To each their own. Thanks for your useless post on the subject.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

That seemed harsh, haha

Alt doesn't charge 2 batts at different voltages, but when a batt starts to die/fail it will take the charge different and having subs perform differently because of this is not something I want to happen in my vehicle so wire your however you want. To each their own. Thanks for your useless post on the subject.

except that they ARE connected at the alt or front battery so the voltages will always be the same and all you're doing is creating more resistance in your power supply. but that's ok. we all did stupid shit in the beginning and didn't listen to guys who know better. you just keep doing what you think you know, and I'll just give you a little pat on the head.

Archived