XS Power

Is it normal for your batteries to have a smell? I have a D2700 and 2 XP3000's in my rear bank and when I open the hatch it smells funny. Like a sweet smell. They have done this last year in my car also. The car only charged at 13.8v. They also make faint chirping/gurgling sounds when they are being charged. Did it in the car also.

Just curious. They do not get warm at all. Charging in the 14's in the truck.

The D3400 under the hood does none of that. Weird.

Edited by Amart88
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Do they overcharge or does the plastic casing become soft I had a problem like that on my 1958 GMC step side and I had to replace the voltage regulator maybe you have a different problem but my battery had a smell and it made noises while the truck was on.

No. They stay cold. also. 13.8 for all last year is far from overcharging. They still did it. The truck charges mid 14's and they still do it. I don't think it's from overcharging.

It's not that loud. You hear it when you shut the truck off or unhook the charger. When you near them.

Edited by Amart88

You sure it's the batteries making that smell? Batteries typically smell like eggs if there's an issue

• Like (+1 Rep) 1