Audiofanaticz PC "upgrading watercooling Page12" updated 2/3/16

Ive done the 2 hotfixes but not sure if it wil improve performance much or not, some claimed it has before i done them, also realized you cant uninstall them either. So I guess well see.

I brought the cpu back down to stock settings, loaded mobo defaults and what not. Decided to go about this the right way, so I drawn up a spread sheet and am doing small ffts tests on prime 95 for 10,15,20,25,30minutes, recording cpu temp and h80i temps for every 5minutes.

I picked up some artic silver 5 and am going to swap the thermal paste, the big heap of stock corsair dont seem to impressive. Was kinda worried from the get go with it being rather thick, after all when it comes to thermal past less is better.

Also when i pull the cooler off Im going to cut out the round holes in the back of my case where the fan intake is for the cooler.

Then rerun the same tests again. and see what type of change the thermall paste has made, as well as cutting out the entire circle for the intake on the case. That seems a bit restrictive to me.

so temps should lower id assume, I really should wait to cut them after i test with thermal paste, but I really dont feel like pulling the cooler off the gpu twice (once to reapply new paste, and second time to cut out the holes on my case).

After that test I plan on having the corsair fans blow air out the case, instead of suck fresh air in which corsair says is better. But I can feel the added heat not making its way out as good as I think it could even with great exhaust fans, and the non refrence videocard cooler also just dumping hot air into the case. So I think changing the fans up shoulld make it a tad better, but testing will show if it does or dosent.

So far not impressed with this water cooler, since my old cooler was tested to be better on air........

And those tests where done with way better fans, and the corsair h80i is slacking!

You could also just tape the holes closed from the outside and then test it that way.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

LOL what the hell happened in this thread?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Back to the PC side of things

I just ordered my SSD

Went with the Samsung 840Pro 256gb

Was able to find it for $212, with free shipping, and it ships out of IL and being in WI shouldnt take to long to get here :D

Bought it from NCIX.com

What are those things? Like a super quick and efficient hard drive?

Yeah they are pretty quick, they have no moving parts unlike a normal hard drive where the data is written onto a disk, a SSD is what's called flash memory I think like your memory sticks just bigger . I could be wrong, but what I take from that is instead of writing it to a disk it just stores it in digital form? Idk

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I looked into it a little more and it says you can start your computer

and be working in 10seconds if you run one of them

Looks like the future

I uploaded this video cause im having troubles loading a game, but here you can see how fast I boot, and thats with alot of shit on my ssd and a sub par processor

http://youtu.be/QpqS3Qm3TZ0?t=1m24s

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I need to make time to get it installed. been busy doing a few finishing touches on my buddies truck and have a box to finish building for a guy that I said will ship out mon or tues. dont take shit to install a drive, except that when I do it i gotta reinstall windows on that, then get all my games installed that i play on the regular so it ends up being a task. so for now it can wait until its me time again. Otherwise Im sure I will feel like gaming or get a text saying lets game, and I wont be able too, so for now it can just sit and wait :(

And they are a bit different to memory and flash drives, somewhat the same but different in many ways. there was some cool videos of them being made on youtube or maybe it was on how its made i seen it. pretty cool stuff tho

yea log in info sucks!!

I should right it down, but thats a bad idea too, tho I live by myself so I should be alright.

I think every account I have has a different damn password non the less too :(

I got a little bit of free time right now, so Im going to attempt to get the SSD running. Im just going to plug it in, give it power and connect the sata cable and get windows installing.

I got a box outside that is waiting for resin to cure and paint to dry before I can wrap it in carpet, and I also sprayed 2 hard drive trays black too since i was spraying that color.

So hopefully later tonight ill have everything up and running, and all I got to do is cable management and put the drives in the bay and the bays in the tower.

Couple picks tho for now.

One of the few projects over the past few days

20130909_175323_zps37a2bf85.jpg

20130909_163808_zpsb1ea1fe2.jpg

20130909_180945_zpsb69a6643.jpg

20130909_185309_zps6d248e1f.jpg

20130909_185322_zps382787b5.jpg

20130909_190416_zpseb9c338a.jpg

Archived