Audiofanaticz PC "upgrading watercooling Page12" updated 2/3/16

And before anyone says that is too much power that Im looking at buying, I know.

But I do like over head!

Not to mention that my cpu requires 221 watts alone at its stock frequency, not mentioning that Its running at 5.14Ghz requiring even more power (probably around 280-300 watts with ease).

and iirc these video cards require 250 watts each, and im ready to buy a 3rd very soon, but not until I can get 1 decent power supply to power them.

Not to mention I can run up to 4way SLI with these cards even tho it scales horribly. LOL

And before anyone says that is too much power that Im looking at buying, I know.

But I do like over head!

Not to mention that my cpu requires 221 watts alone at its stock frequency, not mentioning that Its running at 5.14Ghz requiring even more power (probably around 280-300 watts with ease).

and iirc these video cards require 250 watts each, and im ready to buy a 3rd very soon, but not until I can get 1 decent power supply to power them.

Not to mention I can run up to 4way SLI with these cards even tho it scales horribly. LOL

5.14 holy hell, gratz if you can get it to run at that stable. Lurker here just wanting to say I am jealous, I don't play many games anymore but I have been building my own PC's since 2003 but yours is WAAY better than mine, lmao. I just went from dual GPU's to a single (that is better than both combined) but I feel my CPU is thermally taking a shit. Runs fine but it has to "think" way more than it ever has, anything more than insta-click is too slow. Might be grabbing some advice from you sooner than later if you are willing to give it. Right now all I really do is surf the web so I don't really need to upgrade and I am torn between throwing a new CPU into a 2 yr. old PC or upgrading everything all at one like I normally do once a year but skipped this past year due to not needing to upgrade. Sorry this got long, just thinking out loud I guess and saying disman, love your PC bro.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Yea, its fairly stable, I guess you could say.

The only time it will crash is after about 7-8 hours running the Folding @ Home client on 100%, which at the point of when it fails is when its too hot, and reaches its thermal limit.

The h80i cooler Im using on it, is not really enough to keep it properly cool at its stock 4.4Ghz (4.7Ghz boost) while under 100% load.

But for gaming, benchmarking, day to day use, youtube, video editing it has no issues.

Plan to watercool, but wont until all other components are bought, thought about grabbing a h100i a few times, but would rather just get a real loop going just for my cpu, and worry about gpus later on.

I have an onkyo receiver that powers my Pioneer dj headphones pictured below my tower on one of the pics.

Its just for my headphones and thats it, no pc speakers (headphones get really really loud tho).

I got 2 tower speakers in my house with 2 15s and a big horn in each tower, but none of its hooked up, and my surround sound speakers been blown and gone for many years now....

Oh and I just ordered a 3-way SLI bridge for my pc, to get rid of that lame Asus ROG SLI bridge... HA!

Did you get the EVGA Pro bridge?

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-3W-0031-LR

100-3W-0031-LR_XL_3.jpg

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Did you get the EVGA Pro bridge?

Yuuup!

I got a email tonight saying they are back in stock so I had to do it!

Got the 3-way SLI one since my cards are spaced currently for 16 and 16 speeds, middle slot is only 8x if you use it in sli, or in 3way sli (which is on the to do list)... :D

Nice cards, TIs are dirty mother F#ckers. I have 3 780s about to go to 4 780s.

Good luck with that.

780s do not support 4way sli, only the Tis and the Titans.

Newegg did a video with 780s in 4way sli and got such horrible results and iirc the only way to get it to work half way decent and be only some what stable was with very old beta drivers or something strange like that.

A walk around, but even still scaling is bad, its like no more performance for an additional $500

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2129_simple_inf_modification_enables_4_way_sli_on_geforce_gtx_780___titan_records_in_sight

No idea if this is still valid tho

Id love to step up to 4 way, but that would make me need to switch to intel, tho there is a killer intel board Ive been eying up, but I most likely make a switch until ddr4 is released at a semi decent price to consumers and issue free. But even at that point, even if the Ti's prices dropped to the current reference 780 price I couldnt see it being worth while, not to mention sli or crossfire scales horrible already in 4 way.

Well at least you make good use of the system. Damn man I never knew you were that good at gaming. Freak at BF4

+1 for the older guys :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well if you are going to make me guess then it must be you took your new girlfriend out to dinner?

Archived