Audiofanaticz PC "upgrading watercooling Page12" updated 2/3/16

So I ordered some plexi, still not 100% on where Im going with this, but I got a few ideas.
Also bought a 2' by 4' piece of 1/4inch mdf.

Thing with this 900D is everyone that water cools has them, and trying to be different is going to be a challenge to keep it looking different.

As you will be able to see I started stipping down the case, probably strip it down a bit farther yet if needed.

z56z.jpg
z74z.jpg
o6ld.jpg
p14s.jpg
tyl9.jpg
s03o.jpg
eue5.jpg
wy03.jpg
9eg8.jpg
39h0.jpg
slh8.jpg
n5en.jpg
7c88.jpg
smnw.jpg
afs4.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That thing looks crazy. Will it be thin enough to lay under the motherboard tray and not interfere with anything? Are you going to back-light it with the LED strips?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Its getting frosted via a sand blaster, should get the panel back tomorrow hopefully.

Ran all over town trying to find a place willing to blast it since a friend sold the one he use to have.

So the plan is once its frosted to back light it so it has a soothing glow inside the tower.

Trying to be different than everyone else that has a 900D and water cools it.

Currently debating how to put my SMD tm-1 and vm-1 in my front case, but give it a more finished off completed look so you dont have lights from inside the case shinning through.

Got a couple ideas but still not 100% sure which way I want to go.

Edit: Oh yea and there should be plenty of room, its 3/16inch thick, and a bunch of clearence on the standoff pegs that bolt onto the mobo tray.

Also grabbed my panel from being sandblasted.

Just testing it out.

One thing I noticed is I need some decent LEDs, not the crap ones with the clear waterproofing crap over the top of the leds.

I need these to be dead tight up against the plexi.

I also need to polish the edges of the plexi that will have leds shinning in.

So I will order some decent LEDs from parts express and then hopefully have enough to go around the top, bottom, and front side.'

Currently its just 1 strip down the front side.

ysil.jpg
mv42.jpg

Couple things arrived, some LEDs without that waterproofing clear crap, and some on/off switches for the lighting.

Was going to get red led switches, but went with blue instead since the vm-1 and tm-1 have blue led's

rw42.jpg
tbio.jpg

Got the front bezel panel cover thingy started.

This really made me cringe and worried me to death.

Especially since it was looking sloppy like I just messed up a brand new $314 case that I never even used yet.

85xn.jpg
x5tn.jpg
6a93.jpg
quql.jpg
10dz.jpg
3j75.jpg
ue8r.jpg
djfg.jpg
oleb.jpg
e81b.jpg
ik6l.jpg
bgdk.jpg
sb0r.jpg
7ppd.jpg

bondo is like playdoh!

qt19.jpg

First coat of flat black, will need to be finish sanding still, just trying to give a even contrast to see any high/low spots that need more attention.

lvx3.jpg

Goal is to try to keep it looking semi different then Steves even tho he is also using the same meters.

msjc.jpg

How fun was that bondo to get off your fingers? lol. If I didn't still have upwards of 3-4k to spend on rebuilding my wall/system... This thread would have me building a new PC. I miss mine. AMD is king in my book. Had a Phenom II 3.0 quad core. Successfully overclocked on air cooling to 4.6. No crashing. That thing was so beast till I sold it. Ugh. #badmistake.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Archived