Some Videos of the "other" thing...(The Universe and so on...)

Hi there, here some videos I did recently around my other "hobby". The stars and everything around.

Every year when the Perseids coem up, I start to spend the nights outside. In my garden or somewhere

else in the environment. Sometimes I just observe, sometimes I make pics and sometimes Video.

From observing satellites, komets, meteor showers, stars, planets or the simple good old moon.

Maybe you like them. I am not a professional as you may see. But it gets better every year.

Maybe, one day, I get me a nice telescope. Plan that since well over 25 years now :)

Enjoy and may dream of flying through space...

The Perseids 2013 (Time Lapse with wide angle lens)

The full moon in august 2013 (Video with 25 or 30 year old 600mm reflector lens)

watch out for the little "extra" at around 2:15 minutes :)

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

I drifted off to sleep on the second one, good stuff! I love to stargaze, and we can get some very choice stars to shine. I love reading and theorizing the mechanics of our universe

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Cool videos. This is another hobby that I have wanted to get into but never had the cash. Used to daydream about getting a Dobsonian telescope. That and a (hydrogen alpha) solar telescope. It would be great to get some flare footage.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

the good thing is: you can start slow! i am faszinated eversince i can think and

for the last 25 years i thought about a telescope. so, it CAN be expensive, but

you still can learn a lot and see a lot and experience a lot about the universe

without spending a fortune. but for sure, the more gimmicks and gizmos, and

the more expensive they are...the more the fun :)

ps. TeamHT if youre from alaska, i guess you have some spectacular skys over there.

we have a much too bright night sky. but its ok. i have to drive just a few minutes

and it becomes better...

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

Yes, climb a mountain away from the city and you get clear skies. That coupled with the earth's tilt gives us an awesome view. I don't own my own telescope but a friend will invite me out sometimes. It is crazy how lost you can get staring into the vast unknown. I love looking out here in Alaska, it is the best I've found.

I always dream about scientists finally harnessing nuclear fusion and finally giving humanity the resource it needs to travel outside our solar system and galaxy. Maybe thousands of years from now but that is merely the blink of an eye in the span of time. We should just build an awesome space station since once a ship is outside the atmosphere aerodynamics is useless. We could build what we want...ha ha. Awesome videos again!

yes, the cold fusion...i am confident that it will happen, or even THAT it happened already,

or at least the science is not that far away...

we just have to wait till the "greed" of the world cannot be satisfied with oil anymore.

then the greed will give us the cold fusion and find a reason for charging us more

than needed ;)

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

Yes. Just a crazy notion at what that type of energy would allow us to accomplish. The world will take a huge leap forward

We could literally balloon up parts, simply touch the metals together in space and piece together a station to be used properly once fusion has been accomplished.

Archived