I use kicker and rockford fosgate rcas with no problems, used to us knuconcptz but stopped after a while.

Why'd you quit using Knu's?

Just didnt really care for them, had some issues but nothing major. Went another route and been happy ever since.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So have some updates coming for this! finally got my white LEDs and almost all the RGB LEDs installed. Going to post pics of the white soon. RGB still isn't done. Also switched out my Mids/highs RCA for one of these. Didn't bother taking pictures though, RCA install is RCA install.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68317.html

Biggest update of all is I just purchased a Formula X 5k. So the crescendo is now going to be up for sale. Here's a link to the amp

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/mono-amplifiers/202569-formula-x-5k-zeon-made-amp.html

That big amp will be taking the spot on the back of the box where the Mid/highs amp is. The mids amp will be moved to where the crescendo is. I'm going to be basically pulling all the equipment out so I'm going to do a lot of wire cleaning also. Going to have to figure out some sort of fan for the amp too. It should be fine in the meantime though going into winter and having tons of airspace around it.

So here's a pic of the amp rack I just tossed together, this will be changing when I install the 5k

IMG_1527_zpsmo799pcg.jpg

Here's where I brought the wires up to the dome lights

4702481E-F600-4B87-9787-2F08F14B7DA7_zps

Here's how I soldered the wire to the dome light

554B2C1F-69E3-408D-8ABA-2D0637F9BBE9_zps

And here's the trunk lit, forgot to get a pic of the floor boards but they come on with each sides' dome light

96CDBC0E-0D44-411E-8224-15D1CD5C919C_zps

Thanks! Will do! I'm pumped to get the amp in! It's definitely overkill for the subs I'm running but they are sealed in smaller airspace and I have a DD-1 so I'm going to probably set gains with the 0db tone to start

I don't know anything about the Formula X 5k. If it does rated, even a DD-1 -0 tune would be too much for those subs.

be careful

Are the subs D1 or D2 or D4 ?

I don't know anything about the Formula X 5k. If it does rated, even a DD-1 -0 tune would be too much for those subs.

be careful

Well on the link to the ad, it has a pic of the amp dyno. Subs are D1's. I'm really going to have to watch them for sure. I wasn't originally going to buy this large of an amp, but I got a great deal I couldn't resist. Hopefully in the future I can upgrade subs

be careful

Well on the link to the ad, it has a pic of the amp dyno. Subs are D1's. I'm really going to have to watch them for sure. I wasn't originally going to buy this large of an amp, but I got a great deal I couldn't resist. Hopefully in the future I can upgrade subs

Caraudio classifieds makes log in everytime and it doesnt work anymore. So I could see the Dyno.

If it does rated and you can wire the subs to 2 or 4ohm you should be fine until you up grade.

• 3 weeks later...

So here's some updates. Stripped basically everything when I installed the 5k. The mids amp is now behind my seat and the 5k is on the back of the box. Absolutely love the amp, huge difference! Gonna organize wires better, sound deaden, and clean up a lot once it warms up! New RCA eliminated the alt whine so I'm quite happy about that.

Here's the trunk stripped out

E87DB81E-996F-4040-8D4F-F9A102C87C5E_zps

Big hole I cut to run 1/0 to the 5k

BE4E7DE9-1DCD-493C-B20F-EDC23F38E570_zps

Amp area emptied

47BE4571-A58D-4FAA-88E7-F45D8BC1C9B2_zps

Wish I had just done some of the deadener when I had it like this

3E3E31BF-4B41-49B1-AEC1-E7CF9B533F6A_zps

Will be taking more pics of how it sits once it warms up. I've changed my mind and said I would work on this and back out a lot on this build. Luckily now I have the time and resources to actually get it done. Just simply waiting on it to warm up now

Archived