Amp Test Tuesday - Rockford Fosgate Power T4000.1bd (2005) PRE GUESSES! RESULTS PAGE 8!

This weeks Amp Test Tuesday.... the classic, BEAST Rockford Fosgate T4000.1bd. I used to run these from about 2005 up to about 2007, 08ish (iirc). I have been reluctant to do this test because i KNOW my battery bank is really only SOLID up to about 2000-2500 watts. Right around that area, the amplifiers really start to pull on the battery bank hard. The AD-1 and the amp being tested FULLY rely on the power which you present to the amp during testing. As you know i have only 3 D1400's on a 10a Intellicharger. In other words, you can't always blame an amp if it doesn't make its power. You gotta power the power to get the power. That being said, check out the video tomorrow and see how it did, with the power i had at hand.

I got an SMD hat and some SMD D'Amore Engineering Stickers for the person who guesses the closest to the actual number i am looking for :)

The amp is rated 4000x1 @ 1ohm at 14.5v.

Certified Mode (test stops at 1% distortion) - x,xxx watts

Un-Certified Mode (test stops at clipping) - x,xxx watts

Dynamic Burst RMS (test stops at clipping) - x,xxx watts

add up all three numbers for one final BIG number! Closest gets the hat and stickers!

Results tomorrow @ http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Image8_zps72c38f43.jpg

Image3_zps69aaabd7.jpg

Image2_zps8f771807.jpg

Image5_zps605e7cc1.jpg

Image4_zpsa96aa998.jpg

Image6_zps72e51e2e.jpg

how do i collect my cap and stickers?

dang so much for those batts not being able to hang! 3.8k no alt what so ever. jesus

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I have the cure for the lack of an alternator on your test bench. Use something like a shop fan motor, or similar device that can create steady rpm, to belt feed an alternator mounted on a tension pulley. Then wire as necessary and viola, alternator powered battery bank to simulate a running vehicle. Of course you could do some math and get the right pulley sizes, or a variable speed motor, that way you could control the rpm for all the haters that love to try to find some way you cheat in every video.