XS Power

If it's an intellicharger, the float mode it goes into is designed for long-term use. I've left mine on for 6 weeks while I've been out of town

COOL !

so even when the light is green, its tending ?? So to speak? i did NOT know that... ( i thought ONLY amber ment charge)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green light = done charging, charger is in float mode at ~13.3-13.5v iirc. Pull out a DMM and check ;)

Green light = done charging, charger is in float mode at ~13.3-13.5v iirc. Pull out a DMM and check ;)

I leave a fluke on it at all times..

What i have seen, is, when it dips,.. i need TO RESET the charger,.. to go amber....

EDIT- does that make sense Chris?

It wont sit and charge when needed, 4 weeks out.

It will charge, up to a point.. then.. go green.. ive NEVER seen it go amber, fill, go green, ... wait, then GO AMBER again, on its own..

never....

Edited by KyLar96

You shouldn't have to do that. It's normal to stay green. No need to switch back and forth.

It charges the batteries, the flips into float mode to it keeps them topped off. All on it's own. Set it and forget it.

What sort of voltage are you measuring?

Edited by SnowDrifter

lol it wont go back to amber. if its amber that means its in serious charge mode. green means its in float charge, also called maintenance mode. it wont ever need to go back to amber because the battery is still fully charged.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol it wont go back to amber. if its amber that means its in serious charge mode. green means its in float charge, also called maintenance mode. it wont ever need to go back to amber because the battery is still fully charged.

Ive had it on green,.. then. turn it off.. and turn it back on.. and will go amber.. :shrug:

Ill do a vid tomorrow...

Yeah if you turn it off then back on it will reset and do the charge cycle again.

My question is: Why are you manually cycling it? There's not need to

Yeah if you turn it off then back on it will reset and do the charge cycle again.

My question is: Why are you manually cycling it? There's not need to

Well,

I have it plugged in at all times.

I get home from work.. its on green.

I turn it off... go inside, grab a beer, and come out, and turn it back on, and it goes from a float charge (green) to a amber charge 13.3 ish...

Ive done that for months...??