Beware Telephone Scam! "Microsoft" Says Your Computer Has a Virus

I realized that when I saw the logmein url. Its funny its worthless basically. What are they gonna get? License keys? Bfd. Perdonal.info? No one keeps that stuff on there in an easily retrievable format? It was possible to do sesrch history for acct numbers etc but most are not going to send in clesrtext. If they crash your box well its no good in. Botnet or is a keylogger.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Good lookin out bro. Stupid motherfuckers phishing for info. Like your said though some less computer savy people may fall for this shit. I have never heard of a phone call from Microsoft for anything, I think they deal specifically in emails anyway.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

They got my sister about a month and a half ago. She is in South Carolina. They said they were from Microsoft (here on out refered to as M$) and that they have to install an outdated certificate. She also has 8 kids - home for the summer - all running around the house and stuff, so she was distracted. She let them remote in, probably installed some trojn or backdoor. She called me immediately after to see if it was legit - a little to late right. I told her to immediately disconnect from the network and reimage, change all her password from another device and call her banks to get replacement debit cards. Also report to Credit agency and FBI etc. Not much they can really do but just to cover her ass.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

They have been doing tis for a long time now in Norway. And one day some unlucky bastard called one of the biggest IT news sites in Norway.

Translated trough google, there is a 40min video at the bottom of the page, quite funny the last minutes.

http://translate.google.no/translate?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.hardware.no/artikler/her-prover-windows-svindlerne-a-lure-kredittkortet-fra-oss/136521&sandbox=0&usg=ALkJrhic6QO3Dts8atBKFx34yhfnpMAOfA

Oh I don't give the users credit at all. Hell I got a ticket from our amazing helpdesk last month from a user that called in because ANTS where coming out of her keyboard. What am I supposed to do about that? BITCH STOP EATING OVER YOUR KEYBOARD.

I finally got around to calling her a few days later.

"Hey this is Desktop services, I hear you have ants"

"Yeah, I did, I sprayed them with a bunch of raid, I got really sick, but I'm better now and the ants are gone so that's good"

:: at this point I mute the phone because I'm laughing hysterically. ::

"Well that's good, glad it all worked out, have a nice day"

I got another one from a lady who claimed she couldn't get pages to load unless she rocked her computer back and fourth. You know, like a baby.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

They have been doing tis for a long time now in Norway. And one day some unlucky bastard called one of the biggest IT news sites in Norway.

Translated trough google, there is a 40min video at the bottom of the page, quite funny the last minutes.

http://translate.google.no/translate?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.hardware.no/artikler/her-prover-windows-svindlerne-a-lure-kredittkortet-fra-oss/136521&sandbox=0&usg=ALkJrhic6QO3Dts8atBKFx34yhfnpMAOfA

I really enjoyed reading and watching that, thank you

Oh I don't give the users credit at all. Hell I got a ticket from our amazing helpdesk last month from a user that called in because ANTS where coming out of her keyboard. What am I supposed to do about that? BITCH STOP EATING OVER YOUR KEYBOARD.

"Yeah, I did, I sprayed them with a bunch of raid, I got really sick, but I'm better now and the ants are gone so that's good"

I got another one from a lady who claimed she couldn't get pages to load unless she rocked her computer back and fourth. You know, like a baby.

I have worked at a community college for from 2011 to 2013, and in those 2 years you will find out who the staff members are in terms of intelligence, ignorance and respect

Some are patient and polite while others are understanding and tech friendly, the students were rarely understanding or patient except for a rare few and the adult students were 50/50 understanding and being rude

Good job warning people steve, its good to know someone that looks out for others

also thank you to you and tony for your distortion meter technology, my amp is tuned to pure quality and the loudness is still more to my liking

(I have an excelon xr-1s refurbished and it was at 4 volts with a 4.8 volt head unit, with your distortion meter and the cleanest quality -5db, it tunes to where kenwood says is 2 volts when the head unit is at full volume lol)

I applied for an IT helpdesk position at a local hospital a few years ago (friend who was a CNA referred me to them). I think I bombed the interview though, but looking back on it, I probably would have gone nuts if stuff like that came through.

Also those, MyCleanPC ads piss me off lol

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"