Sonic Electronix

Best enclosure type for a SQ build?

please keep us posted with the outcome !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thinking of running 3 sundown sa-8s on 2k, any suggestions on what type of enclosure id be best off with for sq? 4th order, regular box, or what? Any suggestions are apprrciated! Thanks!

Don't get me wrong ... I really like the Sundown products, but I would not use them for a Sound Quality setup ...

And I really enjoy my flat response, ported and tuned enclosure (24 htz) for my Sound Quality setup ...

... and if you are looking into true Sound Quality ... 2k is not necessarily needed for a responsive 50 htz and below setup ...

But whatever sub amplifier you use, it needs to be really dynamic and have alot of headroom capabilities ...

Talk about a spot on post.

Most people do not know what they are talking about most of the time when they say "SQ". There is a big ass difference between sounding good and a system built to compete in SQ or actually wear the "SQ" name to those that actually know what true sq is.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Thinking of running 3 sundown sa-8s on 2k, any suggestions on what type of enclosure id be best off with for sq? 4th order, regular box, or what? Any suggestions are apprrciated! Thanks!

Don't get me wrong ... I really like the Sundown products, but I would not use them for a Sound Quality setup ...

And I really enjoy my flat response, ported and tuned enclosure (24 htz) for my Sound Quality setup ...

... and if you are looking into true Sound Quality ... 2k is not necessarily needed for a responsive 50 htz and below setup ...

But whatever sub amplifier you use, it needs to be really dynamic and have alot of headroom capabilities ...

Most people do not know what they are talking about most of the time when they say "SQ". There is a big ass difference between sounding good and a system built to compete in SQ or actually wear the "SQ" name to those that actually know what true sq is.

I worded my origional post wrong.. i meant up to 2k watts and up to 3 drivers. I personally dont want that much because id love to not change my alternator. But i think im going to look into a different set of 12s of maybe 15s. Do you have any ideas?

I worded my origional post wrong.. i meant up to 2k watts and up to 3 drivers. I personally dont want that much because id love to not change my alternator. But i think im going to look into a different set of 12s of maybe 15s. Do you have any ideas?

i know you worded it wrong considering that a true sq system when in the spl metering phase of the judging stops at 130db lol

Being you are wanting something sort of sq oriented in sound, have you looked into building any kind of 1/4 wave t-line design as of yet?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

i know you worded it wrong considering that a true sq system when in the spl metering phase of the judging stops at 130db lol

Being you are wanting something sort of sq oriented in sound, have you looked into building any kind of 1/4 wave t-line design as of yet?

Ive built a couple of those before in the past and havent really been a fan of them. I feel like I could be doing something wrong tho and getting like a "dead" or drowned out sort of sound. I make just mainly like normal enclosures, and im not very experienced in the more complicated ones. Do you have experience with them?

I know somebody that has amazing designs for SQ

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

the funny thing about building a TRUE sq setup is most people, after hearing it, dont care all that much for it. it generally offers little in the way of "boom". what they REALLY want is a "good" sounding daily driver with an exaggerated bass line.

what enclosure you use is really based on the speaker you choose. ive won sq sound offs using sealed boxes, and ported (all 10+ yrs ago, things have changed im sure).

Archived