Sundown Audio

you have a drop in voltage ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Its the mosfets and gate resistors blown on the power supply side of things..

Odd that this happened, I know people running this at 1ohm a channel on both 12 and 16volt electrical setups with out issues.

these amps are beasts.

Any more close up pictures of the end of the board in the between the big black 4 capacitors and the bunch of little small brown capacitors

My guess (and this is common) is that he was jamming on the system and the sub driver amplifier(s) were sucking up all of the battery energy and starving the mids and highs amplifier and it got too hot ...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My guess (and this is common) is that he was jamming on the system and the sub driver amplifier(s) were sucking up all of the battery energy and starving the mids and highs amplifier and it got too hot ...

Negative, subs werent even up half way on my pac 1. and what was weird to me was when i went back to check the amp, it didnt have a lot of heat at all.

Its the mosfets and gate resistors blown on the power supply side of things..

Odd that this happened, I know people running this at 1ohm a channel on both 12 and 16volt electrical setups with out issues.

these amps are beasts.

Any more close up pictures of the end of the board in the between the big black 4 capacitors and the bunch of little small brown capacitors

i have no idea why it went up either, i can put some more pictures up of where you described

Let me guess...

You set the gains with a DD1...lol

haha nooo

mosfets. easy fix but i would test your system to make sure your wires or xovers didnt cause this.

thats good to hear, im running active so crossover wouldnt be a problem

thanks for the help everyone

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

^^^will pay $1.00 more then his offer! ;)

JOO! GFY!! i need another!!

also.. just becasue thats all thats blown, doesnt mean there isnt other componets that arnt damaged/blown/stressed. the amp needs a good once over of all the componets

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

sorry to hear about the amp bro,

if it is just the fets that are gone they are replaceable parts.

easy fix if that is all that went wrong.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low