SMD Folding @ Home Team

Welcome to the millionaire club! :drinks:

I haven't had the chance to play around with servers, I'm curious did you keep that -bigadv flag on yours? I've heard that in some cases it drastically helps, but in some cases, not so much, depends on the CPU's.

My production has really slowed down now, this past week has been hella crazy, sold the GTX 690 and am in a transition phase GPU-wise.

I Kept the -bigadv flag on the two multicore servers I have... PPD is roughly the same.

I might try it on one of my Hyper-V guest servers to see what happens. :-)

Lol, the government should consider the price raise in the electric bill as tax deductible donations, it's basically the same thing as donating money to a cancer research foundation or whatever lol. How sick would that be?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, all settings left as they were initially, it is taking forever to do the WU's that are sent to me. I am getting WU's that are averaging 4 and 5 days this is really putting a big strain on my poor little mass produced Dell laptop. It isn't anything fancy just a run of the mill average consumer machine. Does anyone know why I would be getting such large WU's? Is there any way I can get smaller WU's sent to me? Thanks.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

For some reason, all settings left as they were initially, it is taking forever to do the WU's that are sent to me. I am getting WU's that are averaging 4 and 5 days this is really putting a big strain on my poor little mass produced Dell laptop. It isn't anything fancy just a run of the mill average consumer machine. Does anyone know why I would be getting such large WU's? Is there any way I can get smaller WU's sent to me? Thanks.

Sorry I haven't been around, you can try this, go to configure->slots->click the CPU slot->edit->+add->Name = max-packet-size Value = small

Not sure how much that will help but it's the only flag that I can think of. You can also change the number of threads if for example your CPU has 4 threads, you can bring it down to only use 2 and see if it will assign smaller WU's.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Archived