Sonic Electronix

I am looking to upgrade my cvr 12s.

Here are the specs of what i have now:

-Alpine iDA-X305s head unit.

- RE 3000.1 amp 1400w @ 1ohm (14.4v)

- fiberglass box a little over 2 Cu. Ft unloaded. (1 single chamber, not 2 divided chambers) (under seat of 2006 dodge ram quad cab, made it myself)

-XS 1200 battery

-big 3 upgrade.

-Peel and seal in doors and back wall (poor mans dynomat)

What I am looking for

-I am looking for subs at 600w RMS each.

-No more than $400 per subwoofer (preferably under $270, but i know you get what you pay for)

-Dual 4ohm (to wire down to 1 ohm)

- I say 600w rms because when on my truck simply cannot produce 14.4v constantly to run the 1400w rms on the amp, so i am looking for subs at 600w rms so they wont be underpowered at all. (I have a voltmeter wired up, that is how i

My current choices (no they arent concrete decisions, just what i'm interested in now)

-DC Soundlab Level 2 subwoofer

-Memphis Audio M5 subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate T0D412 (700W rms) or P3D4-12(600w rms)

I would just like to know yall's opinion as far as subwoofers, and why you say I should choose those. and please dont tell me that i need this or that or how shitty something I have is, being a student athlete freshman in college, and a student athlete in high school with track and football made it hard to get a job, even in summer so I bought what I felt may not be best overall, but ideal for my particular setup.

2006 Dodge Ram Quad cab

Alpine IDA-x305s head unit

RE 3000.1 amp

XS D1200 battery

Stinger 1/0 gauge wiring (big 3)

MB quart front door speakers

Peel N Seal on doors and back wall (poor mans dynomat)

2 Kicker CVR 12s.... for now

Custom made fiberglass box under rear seat (1 ft^3 per sub)

DC level 2 or I would get te soundqubed sdc2.5 12

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

your box is very small guessing about .9 cubes per sub after displacement, or did you word that wrong and is it 2 cubes per driver...

with that small of area id suggest the sundown sd's

http://www.amazon.com/SD-2-12D4-Sundown-Audio-Subwoofer/dp/B005ZH3TQK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378388429&sr=8-2&keywords=sundown+sd-2+12

perfect match up

http://www.amazon.com/Pair-SD-2-12D4-Sundown-Subwoofer/dp/B00BMBBLZO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_6

Might I suggest sundown SA-12.

I am getting 2 SA-10 to put in my 2013 scion tc, they are rated at 600rms a peice, but can handle 1,000 or more a piece if you decide to give it to them. They are good hard hitting subs, can be used for sealed or ported, mostly for ported. And you can get a pair of 12s for 389$ of amazon, or EMF or Carstereogiant.

Also if you don't mind B-stock, you can get a pair for 320, B-stock has not been used but either the box has been opened or it has a little scratch or ding on magnet area usually, which when in box you wont see.

I think the SA-12 will get plenty loud for you, check YouTube vids if you like, they get down in the right box :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Sa 12, AB s TNT 12, vvx 12, SQ 2.5 12, DC level 2 12,

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

@agreene the box was made so with most subwoofers it will be right at 2 cu ft total. so basically giving the subwoofers 1cu ft each. sorry if im not using the correct terminology, i have no friends that are into car audio, or into it as much as me so even though i know what im talking about, i may not use the right terms because im used to having to water it down to help my friends understand

2006 Dodge Ram Quad cab

RE 3000.1 amp

XS D1200 battery

@agreene the box was made so with most subwoofers it will be right at 2 cu ft total. so basically giving the subwoofers 1cu ft each. sorry if im not using the correct terminology,or let me know if you think the information I have is incorrect. I have no friends that are into car audio, or into it as much as me so even though i know what im talking about, I may not use the right terms because im used to having to water it down to help my friends understand.

2006 Dodge Ram Quad cab

RE 3000.1 amp

XS D1200 battery

Sundown SA-12s. They are 184.99 a piece. They are rated at 600w RMS and can take a lot more power than rated as well. They would sound really good on 1400 watts. You can see my build log, I have the SAs. I am about to put them on 2500 watts. Awesome budget subs.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

Sundown SA-12s. They are 184.99 a piece. They are rated at 600w RMS and can take a lot more power than rated as well. They would sound really good on 1400 watts. You can see my build log, I have the SAs. I am about to put them on 2500 watts. Awesome budget subs.

Surely that box would be too small for sa12s though?

That'd be less than a cube a piece after displacement.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived