Sonic Electronix

I am new to car audio and i love it but of course i always have to learn more. Im just trying to clear this up. If i have 2 subs capable of running at 1 ohm a piece. Does that mean when i look at a amp for ohms and watts. Should i look at the 1 ohm section or 2 ohm section? I guess all im asking is if there are 2 subs at 1 ohm a piece do i add them together which makes them 2 ohms together between them? If i havent confused you lol help me

Two 1ohm loads can be wired together at either 0.5ohms or 2ohms depending on how they're wired (series/parallel).

Check out: The12volt.com for some helpful calculators and info to learn more about it.

HA, ninja'd by Cody.......

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

If you have 2 subs wired up to 1 ohm each (is it safe to assume you know how to do this if you have dual voice coil subs?) then the amp will see either 2 ohms or .5 ohms. 2 ohms would be my recommendation.

When you are looking at subs, most of the time you will see D2 or D4. if you have D4 subwoofers you can whire your impedence (Ohms) to 1 ohm. Which most people do of course. Choosing an amp, is easy. For example, say you have 2 SA-12's ( 600RMS a piece) and they are D4's. you would look for an amp that is 1200 Watts @ 1 Ohm. If you have any more questions on Impedence just go to : http://www.The12Volt.com

Then navigate to "Subwoofer Wiring" tab, and on the middle right i believe, you can choose the number of subs you want to wire and what impedence they are, and the website shows all the possible outcomes.

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

When you are looking at subs, most of the time you will see D2 or D4. if you have D4 subwoofers you can whire your impedence (Ohms) to 1 ohm. Which most people do of course. Choosing an amp, is easy. For example, say you have 2 SA-12's ( 600RMS a piece) and they are D4's. you would look for an amp that is 1200 Watts @ 1 Ohm. If you have any more questions on Impedence just go to : http://www.The12Volt.com

Then navigate to "Subwoofer Wiring" tab, and on the middle right i believe, you can choose the number of subs you want to wire and what impedence they are, and the website shows all the possible outcomes.

thanks alot man! I think you answered it the most clear. Exactly what i was looking for thanks!

Archived